[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kids that see you as some kind of role model.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4
File: 1466576520675.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466576520675.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1080
Ok, /adv/ some kid really looks up to me. And yet is the most insufferable one i have ever met. for a varying number of reasons.
I thought he gave up after i stopped talking to him, but then this box arrives on my doorstep
(Didn't give him my address) i open the box and inside it is a Shitty, Half assed attempt at papercrafting A 40k Valkyrie. 1/2 the actual size, A bible. and a letter saying "Thought you could use these! from -Kid"
This child is the kind of person that crams religious Beliefs down your throat at every chance. Has some kind of Anger problem, And Rattles on forever about senseless shit.

Why did he start looking up to me? i have no clue. I'm a Shut in who goes to his local game store every Thursday for a match of 40k, and occasionally goes fencing on Tuesdays.
Outside of my work routine, i don't really leave the house for anything but food or emergencies.

But this kid saw me playing 40k and must have thought i was something special. and wont leave me be.
Help me /adv/ how do i stop this kid? i feel bad for being his Hero or something. as i feel he could look up to better people.
>>
File: 1464245622820.png (248 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1464245622820.png
248 KB, 500x495
bump
>>
File: ellenpage.jpg (34 KB, 279x419) Image search: [Google]
ellenpage.jpg
34 KB, 279x419
As a teacher, quite a few kids look up to me.

I know if they were aware of my 4chan habits, my weed habits, the way I treated girls in high school, whatever it is, then not only would I garner the status of negative role model, but also I'd be letting a lot of people down.

As long as the kid somehow looks up to you, make sure you maintain the attitude in which you wish you were treated. If so, you can likely help this kid out, even if you don't directly argue to him about religion, or ever discuss anything truly meaningful. Just being a good person around him will lead to positive things.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
>>
File: atheist-20100806-1247431.jpg (124 KB, 430x602) Image search: [Google]
atheist-20100806-1247431.jpg
124 KB, 430x602
>>17305659
Call his parents and tell them you're an atheist, they'll pull you two apart right quick.
>>
>>17305689
So, Be A "good" Person whenever he's around?
Useful suggestion, Thank you.
>>17305695
Tried that. Did not work.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.