[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone in my family is displaying clear signs of paranoid schizophrenia.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: klkl.jpg (101 KB, 442x594) Image search: [Google]
klkl.jpg
101 KB, 442x594
Someone in my family is displaying clear signs of paranoid schizophrenia. They would never agree to see a doctor as the doctors are part of the conspiracy against them, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything.

Can I feel safe being in the same house as this person? Can I do anything to help them besides asking them to go to the doctor?

What am I supposed to do?
>>
>>17304265
lol the question should be does he feel safe from you? being paranoid doesnt make you violent
>>
>>17304265
Involuntary treatment is an option if they do harm to themselves or others or if they don't have the capacity to care for themselves.

You should be worried. A schizophrenic's is divorced from reality. No rational act or conversation from you will mean anything to them. As soon as they view a person as the "enemy" they will try to harm them.

I'm sorry about your situation. Get them help or separate yourself from them.
>>
>>17304265
Some states have an intermediary between psychiatrists and the random guy off the street. Schizophrenics are difficult to encourage treatment but it can be done. You are likely safe as long as you aren't an unlikable person (considering the picture that you posted, I'd imagine that you know how much your mood can change under similar circumstances). If they have a history of lashing out at others, then consider calling your county police department immediately. Otherwise, I'd try to make them come up with the idea of moving into a home/residential facility.
>>
>>17304265
>They would never agree to see a doctor as the doctors are part of the conspiracy against them

This is probably true though. Damn jew reptilian fake """doctors"""
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.