[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get frequent canker sores and am fucking sick of it. I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: demonspots.jpg (35 KB, 307x200) Image search: [Google]
demonspots.jpg
35 KB, 307x200
I get frequent canker sores and am fucking sick of it. I get about two a month if not more...the average person gets at most two a year. Two days after the last one healed, I get TWO more, this time on the side of the back of my tongue that rubs against my inner cheek constantly. It's horrifically painful and there is no way to escape the pain. Salt water rinse helps them go away faster, but I have no damn reason to be getting them in the first place.

(Note: they are not cold sores/herpes. I only get them inside the mouth. They are not contagious.)

I use special toothpaste designed to avoid canker sores. I don't eat anything particularly spicy or acidic. I eat a healthy diet, with regular milk/yogurt and fortified cereal (zinc and b12 deficiency can cause them). I'm healthy, no aids or anything. There's no damned reason this is happening. It's so painful I want to die and it makes me talk funny from the swelling.

Does ANYONE else get these and how the fuck do I stop them? I don't have a doctor at the moment and even if I did, they'd just say something stupid and unhelpful like "hurr avoid spicy food." It hurts so much it woke me up last night. The ONLY known irritant to them for me is coffee which I don't even fucking drink.

Please god does anyone have experience with them?
>>
So you're aware you've had herpes/sores before?

I mean you're right about the typical (whatever the fuck they are) happening rarely because I only get them once in a blue moon but I do get them one at a time though.

How many doctors have you seen because I wouldn't be surprised if this was a long lasting side effect of your original infection with a std but dumb fuck American doctors don't know what in the absolute fuck they're talking about and just telling you bullshit just to make their money.

I'm not even trying to bash on American either. I am American, I just know American doctors are absolute fucking garbage.
>>
It isn't an STD, you're thinking of oral herpes which is on the outside. The ones I have are inside the mouth and are distinctly different.

Just every time I go to a doctor for anything ever, they're fucking useless and don't fix the problem.

>American doctors are absolute fucking garbage.

Yep.
>>
What I would probably do is go buy a cheap mouthpiece retainer from a dollar store to separate the sores from your teeth, as rubbing up against them is probably agitating them and causing them to persist. Secondly, gargle salt water. This should reduce the swelling by pulling moisture out of the sores which will reduce their size.

Again, I'm no doctor, that's just what I would do as a DIY fix it yourself sort of deal.
>>
>>17303895

If they happen that frequently then what you can do is use a method of elimination as a experiment.

If this is caused by something you can easily stop you should attempt to stop certain things that you can willingly.

Example would be stop smoking for a while if you smoke and see if they stop, or stop eating spicy foods for a while and see if they stop or slow down. Maybe even something like don't breathe in harmful fumes (for example if you work in a job that has that wear a mask at work).
>>
>>17303851
You're not supposed to kiss prostitutes, Anon.
>>
>>17303851
I have Behçet disease and one of the symptoms is mouth sores. I get 2/3 a week when I'm not in treatment.
First, stop bitching about it. It's not a huge deal. It hurts a bit, but it's not hell. I had them every day for months when I was a child and it really doesn't hurt so much.
Second, there are some aloe gels specific for mouth sores that help a lot. Gargling with salt helps too.

If they persist, see a fucking doctor about it.
>>
>>17303851
Ambosol and qtips work, but ya I know ur pain
>>
>>17303922

If you're serious and not baiting, goddamn that sucks.

I've been in the military, and have had to exercise my muscles until I thought I would die (literally). I've also been a habitual cutter for a large part of my life and neither of those things I'd say are worse or more annoying than that mouth shit.

The only thing I can cay I might find equally as terrible if not worse is serious case of hemorrhoids. That sucks but if you use your brain you can figure out what triggers it.
>>
>>17303930
It is not honestly the single most painful thing I have to go through with my disease - like genital sores, or arthritis, or headaches, or aneurysms. Mouth sores are annoying as fuck, but not that bad.
Don't eat acidic food - vinegar, acidic fruits. Get that gel in the pharmacy. There are also some numbing sprays for that shit.

See a doctor too. If they are so recurrent, there might be something going on which you're not aware of.
>>
>>17303911

I don't eat much acidic or spicy food. Sugar is another possible cause...I'll try eliminating added sugar, but I don't eat much as it is. I mean, I'm looking at possible causes and none of them apply to me. I don't eat citrus, I don't eat spicy stuff frequently. I'll try tracking it more scientifically but fuck.

Some of them I get could be caused by rubbing against sharp edges on my teeth, but not all of them are, only like 1/4 are near sharp spots on my teeth. So that doesn't explain it.

>>17303948
>numbing sprays

Do they work well? I can check out what the pharmacy has if you can recommend anything.
>>
Why dont you buy some oinment made specially for it? I get them a lot since i got braces but you need to quit bitching
>>
Too much vitamin C can cause them.

Drink a lot of OJ?
>>
>>17303985
>Do they work well? I can check out what the pharmacy has if you can recommend anything.
I don't live in the US, so I don't really know brand names. I use the aloe gel when I get them and it mostly works.
>>
>>17304031

Alright, I'll look for something like that. I have an aloe vera gel but it has shit in it I don't want in my mouth.

>>17304025

None. I don't eat oranges or other citrus either, except lemon juice in cooking.

>>17304006

Sorry for being a little bitch. Normally they aren't this bad, but this one is constantly rubbing and hurts every time I swallow or move or live. The ones inside my cheek don't hurt like that.
>>
>>17304041

They had nothing with aloe in it. I got benzocain which is pretty much all they had. It's...numb I guess. Doesn't do shit to heal it faster though.
>>
What kind of toothpaste do you use, anon? Because I found out certain toothpastes were my trigger. (No more crest or Colgate or me!) I haven't had a canker sore since I started using arm and hammer. If you get the one with peroxide it helps because peroxide cleans and starts the healing. You can also swish the peroxide around.

Holy shit it's probably been five years since I've had a single canker sore.
>>
>>17303851
Certain things trigger them, mainly: stress.

Also, hormones, and a bunch of other unavoidable things. Just try to reduce your stress, I believe they sell over the counter cremes for that kind of thing.
>>
>>17303851
stop biting your cheeks chew gum
>>
>>17303851
Rinse your mouth with baking soda and put some in the sore while rinsing, it neutralizes the acid causing the sores

Works for me and stops the pain until they're gone
>>
Are you grinding your teeth at night?
>>
>>17304197

Squiggle. Yes that's the name. It has no sodium laurel sulfate in it (what causes canker sores.) I've been on it for a year, and while I get fewer, it hasn't stopped.

>>17304207

I have zero stress. I live a very leisurely lifestyle.

>>17304498

Possibly but I am working on stopping. Could that cause them?

>>17304474

I'll buy some tomorrow. So acid causes them and baking soda is a base?
>>
If you are female and on birth control that could be the cause. I used to take Microgestin and I would get them routinely once a month, so I know your pain and I know how much they suck anon. I tried switching BC brands and still got them. The hormones just fucked my shit up and that was one of the side effects. Stress can cause them too. After quitting the BC they stopped after a month or two when my body readjusted. You can get a cream for them but in my experience those don't do much and your saliva will rinse it away pretty fast, but you could try that. Also, do you have any habits like chewing the inside of your cheeks or lips? You may and not realize it, and that can make them crop up more frequently.
>>
>>17304815

I am on BC. Damn...I don't know a solution until better BC options are available. I don't trust those intrauterine plastic things and I don't want a surgery. If that's the cause I don't know a solution. Why does being female suck so much? What did you do, anon?

I sometimes chew my cheek as I sleep, but only when I sleep on my side and I am training myself not to. I haven't done it in a while.
>>
Cuts in your mouth can cause them. I used to eat these sharp foods (hard candy, mints) and I liked to let them sit in my cheeks. But I realized I got canker sours from it.

Just adding another possibility to the list.
>>
>>17303851
I get them often and mine are mostly accompanied by fatigue, body aches, swollen glands, slight fever, diarrhea.

Generally I get them if I either cut my mouth or am very stressed out about something.

Since I started exercising regularly, I have noticed that I get them less.
>>
>>17305027
Honestly I just stopped taking it because the side effects sucked (Besides the sores I had some trouble with mood swings and being overly emotionally...like more so than usual because let's face it that's not exactly unheard of when you have a vagina but I'm positive it was related to the BC) and I just practice safe sex in other ways to minimize chances. I'm at an age where a baby wouldn't completely fuck up my entire life and I don't have a very active sex life anyways.
You might have luck if you talk to your gynecologist, explain you think your symptoms might be related to your pills, and see about switching your brand. I understand not wanting the intrauterine ones or the shot/implants. The idea of those make me wary too. It might take a month or two to start seeing a decrease in frequency if you end up changing so if they don't go away immediately give it a chance before calling up your doctor again.
>>
>>17303851
Here's what you do.

>brush your teeth twice a day
>stop eating your own cum
>>
>>17303985
sugar causes big huge inflammation i would eliminate that definitely

also, chew xylitol gum
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.