[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Needing some /adv/ right now, guys. I won't get too into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: BhxrEok.png (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BhxrEok.png
646 KB, 1920x1080
Needing some /adv/ right now, guys.

I won't get too into the things that led to this, but my ex of 2 years left me a couple of months ago when my depression had got out of control. I was extremely lonely in the wake of the break up and was hardly able to hold on. Finished uni and finally moved to the city we had been waiting to live in together for the majority of our relationship (was primarily long distance), but had to change all my plans going forward, especially because within a short period of time after our separation, a number of friends who I've known since I was just a kid decided to completely cut me off as they became closer to her.

This has been really hard but I recently discovered that all this time, the guy who was my "best friend" for years has been helping to facilitate a new relationship with a guy I know who my former friend legitimately idolizes.

They're seeing each other now, and while I know it's more a matter of spite and loneliness that's led her to this/that it won't be significant, it makes me so unbelievably angry that I can't focus on anything but the thought of physically harming them. It scares me how overwhelmed I feel with these feelings of wanting to hurt them.

I don't care about her at all anymore, and frankly, she disgusts me, but I feel such an unrest over this betrayal that I don't think will be helped unless I do something I may come to regret.

How do I get over this feeling of wanting to use violence against people who have hurt me?
>>
Anon, i think we are the same person from different dimensions. THE VERY SAME happened to me. She broke up with me, best friend didn't do shit to hold us together, they are now friends and i don't have contact with him anymore.
Other "friends" are closer to her and cut me off as well.

What i'vr been doing is ignore their existence and cut them off for good and at all.

They will prob one day talk to me again in some opportunity, and i will just pretend i never knew them. This hurts as hell, it hurts more bcs i still love her but all the people who called me a friend didn't even asked if i was okay, ever.

Just get over it. Giving attention is the worst case scenario.
Harming them can prob get you in trouble maybe, so, avoid fucking your life more and just live the rest of it.
Enjoy what the single life has to offer.

Also, focus on fixing and analysing other relation to people who call you a friend. So this won't happen again.

Play vydia, watch movies and help other people here on /adv/ while in pain. Just forget about them since they aren't worth shit.
I'm with you anon.
>>
>>17303265
>>17303265
Thanks, anon. I know this is the right thing to do but I literally can't shake this feeling. It comes in waves and completely overwhelms me. I actually ran into most of them at an art event a week ago and had I not been invited by the curator, I would have done something horrible. I left and calmed down, but it upset me to know the power she has over me. Just seeing her crushed me, but being around the two particular guys caught up in this absolutely drove me nuts. I can avoid thinking about it and focusing on other things, but I know exactly how I'll react if I see them again, and it scares me. I don't know if I have it in me to not confront anyone.
>>
Anyone experience similar situation where they actually acted upon this? When I'm calm and sensible I realize that the consequences can be extreme, but when I've been angry about it I have zero care over what happens as result.
>>
>>17303299
It's natural, don't be afraid. Embrace the knowledge you have about you can do and about your feelings. Know yourself, accept and try fixing if needed.

Then, focus on not seeing them. If you know shit can happen, avoid to actually letting it possible to. As i said, i'm with you anon. Try to think positivelly about things and if not possible, bring sadness over anger. Sadness can only hurt you, but you can fix it. If you harm or hurt somebody, it's unknown if you can fix the situation.

Also, get a proper nutrition. Go to work, get a new hobby and get to know to new nice people. You are obsessed with a "labyrinth" situation where there's no comeback, so, don't go.

Also, this is all my opinions and the best wishes to you. Put to work what you find useful of what i told you.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.