[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 27, long term NEET and never learnt how to drive. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: the-car[1].png (254 KB, 810x372) Image search: [Google]
the-car[1].png
254 KB, 810x372
I'm 27, long term NEET and never learnt how to drive. I plan to take out a big chunk of my family money and get professional driving instruction, get my license and buy a vehicle and rent a parking space.

Realistically, will I be able to make a living doing on demand app-based work such as driving for Uber, instacart and the like? There are also many other websites and apps for on demand work, such as taskrabbit, which I can only take advantage of if I am readily mobile. I know its not a career, but sure is more freedom than being an office drone or retail/food service wagecuck.
>>
Depends on where you live sometimes, a cousin of mine (currently an uber driver) lives in LA and gets a lot of drunk, rich people that like to gamble, and usually they take him gambling and give him money and shit, then pay him a huge ass tip at the end because they're drunk as fuck and don't know what they're doing. Good luck anon
>>
>>17302116
I live in the same place, so maybe you can enlighten me more. Main concern would be

>are they biased against new drivers? No they check how long I have been driving for, or just driving record and when I last renewed my lisence?

>would it help to invest in a higher quality car or SUV if I plan on using it to drive rich people around and transport small deliveries?

Also, one thought that occurred to me is that if I actually go through with this, I could try to service remote areas where only rich people live and not many are familiar with, like Palisades highlands, Calabasas and Bel Air Hills. Is this a niche waiting to be filled, or is it so obvious that their are hundreds of Uber drivers cruising those areas waiting for a gig, or more likely so, people be so rick they just call a chauffeured sedan.
>>
>>17302138
>are they biased against new drivers? No they check how long I have been driving for, or just driving record and when I last renewed my lisence?
I mean, all people are different, some might care, some might not. Also, I'm not too much of an Uber expert, so I can't help you on that second part, but for the most part, if you have a license and a decent amount of experience, I don't think they'll care.

>would it help to invest in a higher quality car or SUV if I plan on using it to drive rich people around and transport small deliveries?

They probably won't care, if they wanted a high quality car, they could just hire some chauffeured sedan like you said or some shit, at the most, have a decent car, but I don't think they'll care too much (it's just one car ride), just keep it nice and neat.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.