[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need job advice. A while ago, I posted here about being moved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: safeway_logo.jpg (8 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
safeway_logo.jpg
8 KB, 340x255
I need job advice. A while ago, I posted here about being moved from my Safeway's Starbucks department to its bakery department. I fully understood why: my performance sucked. I simply wasn't performing my duties well enough. Now, though, I've been told that the bakery "wasn't a good fit for me, either," which again, obviously means that I wasn't doing well there. The thing is, I wasn't given feedback on how to improve, and was told by people in the department that I was doing a good job. The only issue I could see is that I wasn't working quickly enough. But I was given no feedback on this.

They've offered me (what I'm guessing is) one final chance as a courtesy clerk (bagger). I'm tempted to take it to hold me until the fall when more jobs open, but should I take my grievances up to my boss? I'm past caring about this job now, but I would like for him to encourage any workers who come after me to be given more usable feedback so that they can correct themselves quickly. Is that overstepping my bounds? My only other job was a lot more different and had no issues, so I never had to talk to my supervisor. So, my workplace etiquette IQ's a bit low.
>>
>>17299393
Well yes, ask your boss why you weren't "a good fit" in the bakery since the only feedback you got was that you were doing a good job.

If you know that you don't work quickly enough, do you know WHY you don't work quickly enough?
>>
>>17299448
I always knew that I could be at least a little faster, but I just figured it'd come to me in time. It only occurred to me that I could be a lot faster when one of the other workers who normally doesn't work the same shift I do mentioned it to me. She basically said, "If you don't pick up the pace, you're not going to last here long." I thought she was right and was planning to work a lot harder this week, but I wasn't given the chance. Now , I won't be allowed any further hours until I let them know if I want to take bagging.
>>
>>17299475
But I didn't answer the question. I've always been really meticulous, no matter what I do, but that means that I work a lot more slowly. That usually meant my work was a cut above the rest in school, but I guess I never learned to turn that off, especially when my work so far has been nothing but packaging bread.
>>
>>17299485

That's something we all learn at some point OP, take that experience with you. It'll do you good.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.