[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't give a shit about myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1431297087080.jpg (43 KB, 650x435) Image search: [Google]
1431297087080.jpg
43 KB, 650x435
How do you care about yourself and whether you succeed when no one cares about you besides your parents that you can't connect with and you haven't had a real conversation with anyone outside of your family in half a year?

Every day I wake up I only go toward escapism unless I have to go to uni that day then I'm back to escapism.
>>
>>17296716
Help
>>
I'm the same.
>>
>>17296716
People in this board are either
>#1 in your same position
>#2 tired about seeing this question posted over and over
>#3 lacking advice to share or outright not caring

So what is the answer to it all?
Go see a therapist. We aren't magicians capable of washing away your problems.

>inb4 therapists don't work/I don't trust them/cost too much/ [insert random justification here]

Well then sucks to be you, doesn't it
>>
>>17297065
>We aren't magicians capable of washing away your problems.
Anon, I'm not trying to justify anything but how can a therapist help me?
>>
>>17296716
Self respect is something you build up, you dont receive it as a birth right.

Do a really shitty job, and them youll want something better for yourself
>>
>>17297075
How can we anons help you?

Psychologist are not just psychiatrist. They have studied for periods of time ranging from 3 to 5 years to handle life-quality issues on fairly cheap fees.

Yet a vast portion of people think they are just someone to talk to and on that basis think that they are an entirely optional part of life - or that at least they should relinquish eating and offer their services for free, because "if it isn't bleeding it's not a wound".

And that's just not how it fucking works.

>tl;dr
>How can a therapist help me?
Ask one.
>>
>>17297109
Might I add... the first visit is often free precisely to answer that fucking question.
>>
>>17297109
Not the guy you're replying to but would it be better to do to a normal doctors first and get referred?

You just go and ask them to check your mental health right?
>>
>>17297109
Well I'm putting post-its on my wall now to make sure I try to at least contact one in the near future. Seems crazy but I'm going crazy in my current situation.

>>17297088
I think I will when classes end for the term.
>>
>>17297140
I don't know where you are from and if there is any need to be referred there, nor do I care to know as this is something you can easily search for yourself.

My personal experience went like this: I knew a guy, phoned him, booked an appointment, the first visit was free; the followings visits around 70$ (the price doesn't change from one visit to another, I just can't quite remember). I'd meet the guy once every 40 days, telling him what I was feeling wrong with and he we'd talk. In the end he referred me to a psychiatrist for meds. The whole thing was over in 6, 7 months. I'm off those now, feeling pretty good. Just overly sarcastic from time to time.
>>
>>17297151
I'll add, for the sake of completion, that while most psychologists are cheap, psychiatrists are NOT. The guy who got me on meds costed me 200$ in one sitting. It doesn't always end up with having to take meds, mind you. When it does, those are cheap as well. For me it was somewhere in between 20-30$ every month and a half. Was it worth it? Imo, yes. I can feel tangible benefits. You believe what you will, I'm happy I did that. I actually wished I approached him with more faith in what I was doing, might have spared me some time.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.