[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mecha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
i am mech eng. but i dont like my profession. age 27

any advice
>>
What would you like?
>>
>>17296256
Become a philosopher, aslong as you have a title you are already above most philosophers.
>>
>>17296256
I have a bachelor's degree in criminal justice, I can speak English and Arabic, and I've been working at my job as a grocery store bagger for the last 10 years. I graduated college in 2014. If only I can switch majors and major in engineering or some shit like that was really productive.

I hate my job I'm doing it's a dead-end job and I make $10 an hour. I'm really interested in inventory and Logistics but the managers here are not considering me full time for some fucking reason and saying that I am good with kids and children in want me to stay in customer service. I am replying my life out of all the other jobs better full-time and offer benefits.

Point is I feel for you op about the struggle
>>
dance
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x694) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x694
I like to dance
>>
>>17296256
Mech eng is very useful in other careers. I used to work in offshore oil and gas, and my chief technician was a mech eng. Justsaying there are plenty of opportunities for a mech eng that isn't anywhere close to the kind of job one would expect with that degree.

Alternatively, get an electronic eng degree to pair it with, and then DFTBA
>>
can I have your job?
>>
I know in Texas any degree will get you in the door as a teacher, and you have four years to pick up your certification.

It doesn't even matter what your degree is in- I have a friend with a degree in Physical Education who's teaching math.
>>
>>17296256
Explaine why you dont like your profession so we can help you out
>>
find a different job
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.