[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to stop being racist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 226x223
I'm from Kentucky, my hometown literally only had seven black people in it. I never had these problems with them as I knew three of them very well. Now I live in Washington DC which is full of blacks.

I don't hate black people, but I go on this site a lot (not a /pol/tard though) and call my friends 'niggers' ironically, I'm kinda scared that I'd accidently call them niggers, or they would know that I'm racist, or something of the sort.

This started as being slightly nervous around black people, normal since DC is full of crime, but I now have a black co-worker and I have to work with him a lot. Its hard to work around him.

How do I stop being racist? I know I'm parinoid and anxious, but still.
>>
First of all, you're not really racist. You're just nervous because you're dealing with a situation (proximity to a new race) that you're unfamiliar with and have been told some negative things about.

I agree that you should probably get out of the practice of calling your friends niggers as a joke or term of endearment, because as you said you're just one Freudian slip away from creating a potentially disastrous situation. Or maybe not. Some of my (white) friends have a black buddy who they call a nigger to his face (not hatefully), and he thinks it's hilarious and has no problem with it.

As for your 'racism' being nervous around your black coworker, that is something that will dissipate as you spend more time around them, maybe get to know them better as people and realize that besides the color of his skin he's just there to do his job, get payed, and go home and live his life just like you are. Eventually you won't even see his race consciously, you'll just see him.

I can't speak about being nervous around black strangers because I get nervous around all strangers. I feel like it's not necessarily a bad thing, like you said DC has a lot of crime. Just don't openly treat any black people you know on a personal or professional level differently, and you should be fine.
>>
Okay, so OP, here's what you're going to do. Starting next April, you're going to take the Metro to work every day. I would tell you to start this immediately, but Metropocalypse, yo: get well clear of that before you start taking "America's subway". In the meantime, take the bus instead.
>>
>>17296246

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with disliking niggers, saying the nigger word or not wanting to associate with them.

Theres no such thing as racism OP, and theres nothing wrong with disliking things.
>>
>>17296246
>>17296443

This desu. Racism is biological.
>>
File: 1389592786514.jpg (66 KB, 1020x1020) Image search: [Google]
1389592786514.jpg
66 KB, 1020x1020
>>17296246

Being racist and not knowing any black people are two very different things.

>but I go on this site a lot (not a /pol/tard though) and call my friends 'niggers' ironically

Firstly, knock this shit off. Saying shit like this in a purposeful attempt to be edgy is stupid as fuck and makes you look like an idiot, racist or not. Its the equivalent of a middle schooler saying faggot constantly because he knows he isn't supposed to say it.

The internet gives people a medium to be as ignorant as they want to be but don't let it leak into your real life. Start behaving like an adult and your life will begin to take an appropriate trajectory.

>How do I stop being racist? I know I'm parinoid and anxious, but still.

My advice? Get off this site. Stop taking the news as gospel. Stop trolling boards that support the notion that black people are nothing more than the stereotypes and amalgamations of rap videos, gang movies and mugshots.

Stop treating your co-worker like he's black and treat him like a person. Stop entering into these situations with preconceived notions of who he is before you even talk to him because I'm sure if you were in his position you'd be pretty pissed if people decided who you were without knowing you at all too.

The internet is not the real world. People are different, some suck, some don't. If you don't pull your head out of your ass you'll grow up like this guy >>17296443 and be that asshole that people talk about behind your back because you never grew up and spent your entire life trying to be so edgy, talking shit about the stereotypes of blacks that you turned into an angry, white stereotype without even realizing it. Don't be that pathetic. Get your shit together.
>>
>>17296465
Racism is not biological, b8-san, group mentality is biological. Learn to distinguish the two.
>>
>>17296246
literally the same as letting go of the various things you learnt from your parents that you eventually realised was fucked up
remove the most biased sources: this site, stop coming here
get more black friends. you're probably not racist, just out of depth in a strange place
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.