[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Date girl for a few months >Intense relationship >Turns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1453275166957.jpg (59 KB, 640x579) Image search: [Google]
1453275166957.jpg
59 KB, 640x579
>Date girl for a few months
>Intense relationship
>Turns out she drinks multiple times a week, smokes everyday, pops pills sometimes
>I work out everyday and watch everything I eat
>She refuses to slow down on drugs and alcohol
>Break it off because I had to
Fast forward a month
>Talk to girl
>Hope she realized a few things and changed
>Girl started doing molly (probably other things too)

I know I dodge a pretty big bullet - why do I feel terrible about it? Any advice would be appreciated
>>
>>
>>17294464

Because you're a human being and it's normal to feel sympathy and empathy. Also, by breaking it off (elaborate on how you 'had to'?) you gave up on her and you're feeling somewhat guilty for not trying harder to help. If you really cared for her, you could have leveraged your relationship with her to get her help.

that being said, molly's great. I've done it like 4-5 times this year already. As long as you have some semblance of self-control and give your brain enough time to recover, it's fine.
>>
It's not easy being a person with immense discipline regarding drugs and alcohol to be dating someone on the opposite end ; but more than that being fucked up most of the week and refusing to even talk about slowing down to only the weekends... it's like how I put it to her, she cared more about getting fucked up than how I felt about it. To the point where if I brought it up she'd get defensive and angry. That's why I had to break it off

Anyone who gets this idea that they're going to do whatever they want in a relationship regardless of how the other feels shouldn't be surprised when they get left behind.
>>
And I didn't give up on her - she flat out refused to even talk about drinking and drugs.

I had hoped a month apart would give her a different perspective but I think she started drinking more (based on social media updates) and obviously molly.
>>
>>17294464
>It's not easy being a person with immense discipline regarding drugs and alcohol to be dating someone on the opposite end ; but more than that being fucked up most of the week and refusing to even talk about slowing down to only the weekends... it's like how I put it to her, she cared more about getting fucked up than how I felt about it. To the point where if I brought it up she'd get defensive and angry. That's why I had to break it off
>
>Anyone who gets this idea that they're going to do whatever they want in a relationship regardless of how the other feels

That alone is reason enough to break it off IMO senpai
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.