[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone got access to an account of mine on a website, and managed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: cycrime.jpg (266 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
cycrime.jpg
266 KB, 900x563
Someone got access to an account of mine on a website, and managed to purchase stuff without giving submitting my card information. Feeling quite mad right now.

How can I get my money back and find out who it was?

I hope this doesn't violate Global Rule #1.
>>
Call your credit card company or bank and submit a fraud statement. Change your passwords, run an antivirus, don't open weird emails
>>
>>17291680
Thank you for responding. I have asked my credit card company to place a fraud alert, changed my password and I am running Norton 360 right now (it's running rather slow though).

Should I contact the police somehow and ask them to "trace" the person who did this... should I contact the website admins and ask them to give the perpetrator's ip adress or something to the police?

I don't know if the person or people who did this live in my country, they could be living in China or Russia for all I know..
>>
>>17291676
banks often have default cover for credit card fraud

if they didn't nobody would use a credit card

so ask the bank what their policy is, and heck your documents until you get straight answer

next block transfers to/from whichever company involved by asking your bank, unless the company used your credit card.

the company it'self should have a credit card policy, and the law probably obligates them to even more

failing that, lodge a fraud complaint with the police, who will obtain the identity of the fraudster (nobody will give that information to you), and the police will find the lost money

so in sort
1. talk to your bank
2. talk to the police
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.