[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to disable Farmville
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: arigold.png (504 KB, 601x523) Image search: [Google]
arigold.png
504 KB, 601x523
Hey /adv/,

I'm 20 years old and I'm living with my mom. The problem is, that she god laid off from her job 2 years ago and ever since then she has become a couch potato, living off widow money and neetbux from government. The only other source of income is me.

My problem is, she just sits around whole day doing pretty much bullshit. I'm in charge of cleaning and doing stuff around the house when I'm not out working or in uni, while she plays a Farmville-like game (something similar, except not on facebook).
I want her to get a job, however she isnt having it.

Bottom line is, how do I disable the fucking game she plays all the time? Would uninstalling/disabling Flash help? Or is there any other mean of "damaging" the PC, so it's usable otherwise. As I said, the game is literally a Farmville clone

I tried to have a reasonable discussion with her to no avail, she says that she doesnt feel ready yet for a job.

Thanks for help
>>
>>17288922
do you know the website the game runs on? there is a really neato firefox addon you can get called LeechBlock that will automatically redirect you to another page as soon as the target page is visited. You can set it up to go to any (job search, lul) website, blank page (white page with nothing on it), or send it to some dummy page that has a 404 error look to it. possibilities are endless

it also has options to block someone from opening the addons menu either all the time, or certain times so that removing it is virtually impossible short of reinstalling the browser. I use i during finals time to keep me off 4chan, Facebook, and other sites and have it set to redirect to my university's page

It will effectively block her from ever accessing sites of your choosing and she will have no idea why and if she does, is unable to change it. Chrome has one called StayFocused, but I am not a chrome user and I am unsure if it denies removing it like leechblock does.
>>
>>17288922
> 2 years on unemployment
> not feeling ready for a job yet.
We both know that this is bullshit and not likely to change any time soon, so action must be taken in a different way.

She's comfortable in her current situation. It might be depressing as fuck, but it's simple, and it allows here to survive. At this point she'll want to preserve status quo, so it's up to you to disrupt it somehow. I gather that you don't support her financially, but that you do the housework? In that case, move out. Then she'll have to start cooking and cleaning herself. Eventually money will dwindle, and she'll have to do something.

Simply put: You're enabling her. Moving out will at least stop that aspect of it.

There will be moments where this seems cruel and harsh, but you're not helping her by allowing this to continue.

Farmville is the least of her problems - The semi-comfortable neetness needs to be addressed first.
>>
>>17288949
Holy fuck that's awesome, thanks a lot anon! really appreciate it!

>>17288975
Yeah you are on spot with everything, but moving out is the worst case scenario, since chances of me finding affordable housing are 0% and moving out is a hassle i would prefer to avoid.

I'm hoping that fucking with her web game will atleast lead her to do something else than sitting in front of laptop all day. If she gets a hobby or better yet some kind of work, even part time is a wish come true for me.

Thanks for an input anon
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.