[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have the opportunity to buy a used upright piano for $200aud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Steinway essex piano.png (391 KB, 530x474) Image search: [Google]
Steinway essex piano.png
391 KB, 530x474
So I have the opportunity to buy a used upright piano for $200aud (around $150usd)

should I go for it?

What should I look out for in a piano. for the most part it sounds like it's in tune and the keys are all working.

the insides also look like it's made of metal.

mind you I am a noob, have been playing for like 3 years. 1 year of lessons and 2 years of teachinv myself. so I'm not 100% sure what's supposed to make a good or bad piano sinc i haven't played a real piano since my lesson days. only been playing on a digital one
>>
>>17288174
also to add the brand of the piano is Furness? if anyone has heard of it
>>
>>17288174
Pianos like that usually cost more.

It's prol junk.
>>
>>17288174
Youtube what to look for in a used piano. It' not a big processes. If you looked inside and it looks good, and you like how it sound and it feels and works good, then that should be enough.

You're either getting a good piano trying to be sold asap, or a bad quality piano. I assume it's the latter, in my experience. But if you like how it sounds, that's all that matters.

But you might grow really tired of it quickly if over time you start to realize how it sounds low quality. That's what happened with me. Cheap piano, over time the sound started to really bother me.
>>
>>17288254
well I work at a used furniture store.

this one came into my workplace and was wondering if I should call dibs on it. before a customer gets it
>>
For a lot of people, pianos are a "white elephant." They're expensive, but if you don't play they just take up a lot of space.

It's not unusual to find them discounted heavily just to get rid of them.
>>
>>17288174
Maybe ask someone who knows their stuff to come take a look at it?

You can also try googling what to look for in a used piano. If it's this cheap, it may need some extra work. See how costly any repairs would be before buying.
>>
>>17288174
Ask your previous teacher, or someone else, to try the piano for you and give you their opinion. As a piano teacher, I always propose helping my students pick their instrument.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.