[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feeling lost and unsure what to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
I am 22 years old and I am completely trapped with my parents with no choice in the matter and no clear options. I have nothing and no experience in this world because they have neglected me my entire life except for feeding me and keeping me clothed, they have completely ignored and put off anything that would give me the means to live a life for myself. When brought up they simply get angry and repeat the same old lines like "you have it easy!", "you live free, you don't have to pay for X, X or X!" as if that justifies their failures as parents. I was forcibly pulled from school at 13 years old because of their constant fighting and splitting up, so I don't have a complete education, I don't know how to do anything because I never had anyone to teach me, I don't know how to drive or have a license for that matter, I don't even have so much as a state ID, as far as I'm concerned I don't even have records of my existence past the age all this started.

For over 9 years I have lived in what is essentially a cushy prison and I don't know what I can do to get out of it, I have no means to do anything for myself and I don't know who I could go to or call for help, the rest of my family members are just as bad and uncaring as my parents and I don't have real friends anymore, and to top it all off nothing is within walking distance.
>>
>>17287398
that seems odd - you are an adult legally, and maybe start asking your parents you need your birth certificate to get an id

if u have cash hit up uber to take you places
>>
Got a GED? Driving school an option? Online maybe? No public transport (bus)? State job agency? If all else fails, pursue the neetbucks and never look back.
>>
>>17287398
Look up cluster B personality disorders, especially NPD. It'll help you realize what is and isn't normal about your life. Trust me, you don't even KNOW.

First of all, get your documents. Birth certificate and social security card are a must. They are yours by law. Call the police if they won't give them to you. The local number, not 911. Look up how to order new ones online. Do all of that research before you ask, because once you show signs of fleeing they'll stop you any way they can. They want control and they'll do almost anything to keep it. Shit's going to be rough for a while.

Next, run the fuck away to a shelter. Google for any in your area that will take you. Again, do the the research before they know anything about it. You only get one chance like this. Also, if they monitor your computer, delete your browser history and NEVER leave anything open.

Once you're home free, apply to jobs through a temp agency and by looking online. All the information you need is on the internet -- just look and it will be there. Take anything you can get. You are above no job. Life will suck for years, but once you taste freedom for the first time it will all be worth it.

One thing you need to learn is that your parents messed up providing for you, but you have to be the one to fix it. Take responsibility for yourself. Most importantly, GET OUT and STAY SAFE.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.