[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Asshole at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1412888116.jpg (117 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
1412888116.jpg
117 KB, 600x360
Ok so quick backstory, I'm 30 years old, and I am getting back on my feet after a rather rough bump in the road 5 years ago. I am currently working at a car dealership as a porter (I know its lame, but it pays ok and will tide me over until I can go back and finish college), I have been there longer than any other porter (high turnover rate I guess) and my boss told me after one year that I am now his eyes and ears for the wash bay. Basically I am in charge of training and some scheduling for weekends and special occasions. For the most part my coworkers and I get along just fine.

About 3 weeks ago though we get a new hire named Mitch. At first he was great, the first week there he was busting his ass and being just friendly as can be. The next week tho he ran over a hose (Not a HUGE deal but my boss hates having to replace popped hoses so he gets anal about them) I point this out to him and tell him to be more careful in the future. He puffs out his chest and literally runs up and bumps into me (btw Im about 6' 250lbs, hes like 5'8" 110lbs at MOST) and starts SCREAMING at the top of his lungs every swear word and insult he can think of. When I ask him if he is being serious, he drowns me out with baby and "retard" talk.

I thought this must have been a joke or he had a bad day but he has done this about 3 other times in the last 2 weeks to my other coworkers. Some of them have complained to our manager about it. Today after he flipped out for one trivial reason or another I went into my manager's office and told him something needs to be done about Mitch. All he said was "If I hear one more time about you guys fighting back there I am going to fire all of you" and when I explained the situation he said he would have a meeting with us to discuss it.

I let my coworkers know about this meeting only to find out my boss gave the same spiel to him after he complained, a week ago. So what do I do guys? I can't hit him btw.
>>
>>17286918
If you haven't started looking for a new job yet, then start looking. Nothing worse than working for a business with a shitty manager, and whatever this guy told you about relying you or whatever is bullshit. There's probably a reason for the very high turnover: manager's an asshole and obviously doesn't give a fuck about the employees.

Next time this guy gets belligerent like that and touches you or someone else, call the police and have him arrested for assault (or battery, depending on the definitions in your legal jurisdiction).
>>
>>17286918
dude thats not cool man

if you are truly worried, like your coworkers are as well, get together and go to the manager together, and threaten to call the cops

this way, he will be forced to deal with it, and you will have all of the employees on your side against the crazy dude, and not really call the cops and start some big ass thing

also he can get fired by the boss for whatever reason, and he wont relate all of that shit to you guys

you never know, he might be trying for a lawsuit, like provoke the big guy, and claim to be assaulted on the premises, and sue the dealership
>>
>>17286939
Oh I am definitely calling the fuzz, even going to have my camera ready on my phone to record his BS. In the meantime I got an extra week of vacation coming up at the end of this month so I think I may blow all of it to take like 9 paid days off once I find another job, then I can just quit that place.

As for my manager, IDK man he gave me a nice raise and even bumped over what I requested when he told me that, but maybe it was all lies. I guess I will see soon. In the meantime all I can do atm is just ignore his jerk ass.

BTW-thanks for letting me vent this 4chan. I knew /adv/ was good for something!
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.