[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was 'catfished' in the first relationship I took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Otter_in_Southwold.jpg (487 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Otter_in_Southwold.jpg
487 KB, 1280x960
I was 'catfished' in the first relationship I took seriously after being a self-inflicted romantically awkward person for around five years. A friend found them out when he was suspicious of them and everything fell apart from there. Afterward I felt like a dumbass and an asshole, because I didn't figure it out before and because things fell apart just because of their different appearance. Now I have trouble trusting people, I find myself being suspiciohs of the worst even with friends from before.

How do I deal with the trust issues I got from this experience? It's beginning to hinder my stronger relationships with friends and has all but nullified any trust I had of meeting people online.
>>
you grow up and start using common sense
>>
>>17285016
Stop dating online girls?
>>
>>17285016
You sound like a good friend of mine. He also was caught by a catfish (to my knowledge we discovered the deception before any real damage was done) but I have no idea how he feels now (we don't live closeby so it is tough to communicate properly.)

I wish I could do more for him but I can't do much in my position. I have tried to be the best friend I can be despite being so far away, but it isn't enough, and he needs more people he can trust nearby.

It doesn't help he keeps trying online dating (not that I blame him, the women nearby are... Not often pleasant, and have no interest in nerdy introverts, which is the reason I no longer live nearby.)

I hope it goes well for you in future, but just know that not every person is a dick trying to screw you over. I hope the same for my friend.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.