[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I deal with doing boring shit right now I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1457619161801.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1457619161801.gif
1 MB, 300x200
how do I deal with doing boring shit

right now I'm trying to get better hobbies besides watching shitty animus and playing videogames

I'm trying reading right now but I can't get past 5 pages because it's so boring

I really want to be the change pls help
>>
>>17274411
Beating boredom is very different for each of us, so you just have to find the right things that might entertain you! There's all kinds of books, you might just need to get a better one that covers one of your interests. Think about fun things: Summer is here, so there's going to the park/beach/hiking/fishing/movies/live shows/mall/visit friends/take a trip, etc. There's often events like fairs going on. You could take up a hobby like drawing, dancing, playing music, etc. Just think about what's fun in general besides anime and video games and see what's within your reach! Just don't stay doing the same thing and go out more, whatever you decide! GL!
>>
>>17274707
>summer is here
fucking american retard

Anyway OP, you could try playing an instrument or writing. And watch movies that will allow you to talk to interesting people, the ones that aren't obscure but aren't super popular dumb tier. You could take doing charity work as a hobby, that should make a good impression on people and make you feel better yourself. I hate reading long stuff too, maybe your thing is short stories, try Ray Bradbury.
>>
>>17274411
I've found lately that attempting to distance myself from my current hobbies (addictions?) helps me find new things to do. Even if it's a simple idea, go outside and go for a walk. Sit in the sun, it's good for you. Talk to people. Try and make relationships and ask for real advice from real people.

If you're really conflicted about your current pasttimes, you have to ask yourself if those hobbies are affecting you in a negative way. If they are and you want to change, if at least half of you makes a conscious effort at it, things will change. If it takes time just remember that at the very least time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.