[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
disabled girl with intimacy issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: hurtsjustabit.jpg (13 KB, 221x225) Image search: [Google]
hurtsjustabit.jpg
13 KB, 221x225
Hey there, /adv/, I'm 24 and have had two brain surgeries that set me back pretty far in life. For the longest time, I considered myself asexual but am finally starting to realize it was most likely the pain and medications that killed my sex drive...recently I have been getting both under control and have felt desire? for the first time in my life. However, I seem to have a lot of intimacy issues as result and any time someone shows interest in me, I freak out.

I guess my question is, how do you over come something like this? How do I stop freaking out over intimacy? I want to actually have a proper relationship, but can't get passed the feeling of disgust I get as soon as someone shows actual romantic (sexual) interest, even if I like them...I don't want to be a tease and hurt someone. I've never been molested, no daddy issues, never been hit, abused, etc. so I don't understand the mental block.

What's wrong with me? How does one get past intimacy issues that are deep rooted?
>>
How fucked up is your shit?
>>
>>17274021
it was pretty bad a year or so ago as I wasn't able to get out of bed most days and could barely walk while recovering/in pain management, but nowadays I'm able to function normally enough and off all medicines except one. my only issue is nerve damage in my neck that makes it hard for me to stand for long periods of time and temporal lobe epilepsy that was a side effect of one of my brain surgeries (but it's been successfully controlled by medicine for over a year).
>>
>>17274018
>For the longest time, I considered myself asexual

There's the source of your problem. You missed out on a lifetime (or at least a decade) of learning the game of romance and sexuality. It is not so much that you reject sex as that you shy away from something that everyone else knows how to do so much better than you.

Well, suppose (as may have happened) your illness kept you out of school and you never learned basic arithmetic. A crash course of studying to catch up would be in order, even if it involved the embarrassment of stumbling.

Hold off on the sex for a while. Make yourself socialize until you feel more at home in emotional closeness to people. Eventually you'll find someone who you feel close enough to to not be repelled by the thought of intimacy.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.