[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Employment and career
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I'm planning in 4+ years to move to the northen USA to be with my aryan tier frau, and I am not sure what skills or degree to get myself in the meanwhile to land a good job there.

Currently I am in the military, and thought I would tango in a uni for either a english-french or sports bachelor degree, but I remain unconvinced.

Is it a waste of time and money as I think it is?
Should I instead learn something more practical and in need?
I will soak up as many military courses I can get, maybe even manage to grab a chance for a tour in Astan, but how much will that grab the eye of employers?

What would best play out?

Also, general Advice on employment and potential career thread
>>
>>17271729

depends what you did. office jobs arent as common as they used to be but are still common, and when you apply for an office job very little matters other than having a degree unless that officej ob is rather specific. you dont even need to have a specific accounting degree as long as you've taken all teh basic maths.

outside of that things aren't as 'vague'. ur asking for 'whats the best' in terms of the most versatile but thats not really a thing. the US is a large place and theres a lot of fucking job options. pick something you actually like that isnt some foo foo fantasy and go for it. whatever degree you get will be useful enough to go for the more common jobs
>>
>>17271740

So a degree is nevertheless necessary for having access to the widest array of common jobs you say?
Just wanting to make sure of the importance of just having one.
>>
>>17271900

common in the sense of comfortable not so minimum wage office work, yeah. you can go in with a liberal arts degree and get a job doing office work. many have english degrees or the like.

you dont need a degree for flipping burgers or working at wal mart or those kind of comomn jobs, no.

if ur military you should consider looking in to security and safety management and that kind of thing. worked for my dad.
>>
>>17271931

I was thinking of that idea as well, I'd also choose something else than WallM,McD, and that regard but I also want an opinion on a bachelor degree (yes, I am keep bringing it up)

Will I be looked down upon If I don't have one (which I asume it is true) and thus it's good to have one?

I keep pressing on this because it is a commitment to my time, pockets, and will do it in tandem while serving. So I need to know it will be useful and not waste my resources.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.