[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had my wisdom teeth removed on the 16th. How long will it take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x275
Had my wisdom teeth removed on the 16th. How long will it take the swelling to go away? I'm a literal chipmunk right now and I have a special event on the 23rd and I bought a nice dress and booked my makeup and everything. What should I do? I already cancelled my eyebrow wax appointment for tomorrow.
>>
>>17266782
it takes a few days to a week max in my experience. I had 3 mouth surgeries over 2 years so I know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
First let me say that you are stupid by organizing things so soon after a major surgery. You may not be able to open your jaw enough to talk. You may not be able to talk at all because of the pain. Any non soft food that you can't chew with just your front teeth is off the menu.

Learn from me, I had 2 dry sockets in my lower jaw at once, and don't disturb shit. Just lay and sleep and rest for the first 2 to 3 days. Don't gargle with warm saltwater. Don't pick at the stitches. Don't keep openin your mouth to look at the damage. It looks worse than what it actually is. Just don't disturb anything! DONT DO IT

But make no mistake, wisdom teeth removal is a major surgery and be prepared to use one of those syringes to push food particles out of your healing sockets. Lol
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Also because I forgot something, pertaining to your question, it took me months to resume a normal diet. I was cleaning all 4 sockets after every meal no matter what. Just used warm water to flush out food particles. Don't worry about brushing your teeth just yet. Do it when your body is ready, being gentle. The stitches not dissolving for a while is normal. They will come out eventually, especially with some VERY GENTLE coaxing. You'll find the "wounds" heal better & faster when the stitches aren't there anymore

All I can say is just let your body heal at its own pace. Rest for the first few days. Expect it to take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Every body is different I guess

Pic is my assortment of drugs n shit
>>
>>17266782
I had mine out last month. Took me roughly 3 or 4 days until I wasn't popping pain meds regularly, by the 6th or 7th day the swelling and jaw stiffness went away.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.