[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I broke up with my boyfriend and I feel like shit about it. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n8bqhtBAvu1qzn0jzo1_1280.jpg (223 KB, 1280x702) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8bqhtBAvu1qzn0jzo1_1280.jpg
223 KB, 1280x702
I broke up with my boyfriend and I feel like shit about it. How do I know if I made the right decision?

The short version: It was a long-term, long-distance relationship, and I was feeling a lot of pressure to move in. Sell my things, downsize, etc., all in a very short time period (around a month or so). I feel like I've made a lot for myself here, in my city, and am pretty attached to my things, but am not super opposed to moving, though I would feel more comfortable and less stressed if it were on my terms or timeline. I felt like I was given an ultimatum, and it freaked me out.

We've both also been very depressed lately. Fighting more than usual, arguing over small things. This only happens when we're away from each other.

Now, he won't talk to me (understandable). I was told to basically fuck off.

Advice on how to go about my daily business, what to do, was this even a good idea, etc.
>>
>>17266172
Unless you were confident that y'all would end up together, uprooting your whole life is not the best idea. Find a new activity or hobby to invest in. Sorry anon.

You made the right decision, but you just don't see it now.
>>
>>17266172
If you're feeling stressed or hurt, then you're supposed to, for better or for worse. People come to /adv/ all the time asking for advice on how to "get over" dumping or being dumped. It's a big change and possibly a lesson learnt. It's not meant to be trivialised by taking some magic pill that puts it behind you quicker.

You move forward the best you can and continue your daily obligations, e.g. work, chores, meeting people, etc. From just your side of the story, however, it didn't seem as though you would have been happy living in close quarters with the fella for a prolonged period of time.
>>
>>17266172

>right decision

people act as if every little decision is right or wrong. it wasnt either. it was just what you wanted to do. there is no morals to breaking up with someone in this context. there is no alternate timeline where you are permanently happy cuz you made a different choice.

the choice stops mattering fast and your life becomes what it always is: dealing with whats in front of you and enjoying what you can.

you chose to keep a life that you are happy with. as opposed to starting completely over for someone else. id say your choice was wise at the very least.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.