[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wizard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
i'm a 30yo virgin now

15 yrs ago i tried to kill myself by jumping off a cliff
ended up with just a broken collarbone & bad ankles
sometimes i wonder why i bothered going another 15 yrs
and i wonder if maybe something broke in my brain
or if i was already broken before i jumped
now i have to sleep
and go to work tomorrow for 13.5hrs
see girls i got friendly with
and then they ended up getting guys because i was too scared to ask them first
why am i even here?
>>
How high was the cliff?
>>
>>17286981
it sounds like scared is in your whole thing here

try and get over scared by doing scary things idk like skydiving its only maybe $200, or approach a women in the grocery store with a nice comment if thats where the problem is

make shit happen make changes even if just one at a time, just keep on rollin - you make your life by how you spend your free time
>>
File: 176.jpg (178 KB, 540x780) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
178 KB, 540x780
>>17286981
remind yourself that there's always someone doing worst than you and be grateful for what you have.
>In 1927 Fuller, then aged 32, lost his job as president of Stockade. The Fuller family had no savings to fall back upon, and the birth of their daughter Allegra in 1927 added to the financial challenges. Fuller was drinking heavily and reflecting upon the solution to his family's struggles on long walks around Chicago. During the autumn of 1927, Fuller contemplated suicide, so that his family could benefit from a life insurance payment.

>Fuller said that he had experienced a profound incident which would provide direction and purpose for his life. He felt as though he was suspended several feet above the ground enclosed in a white sphere of light. A voice spoke directly to Fuller, and declared:

>"From now on you need never await temporal attestation to your thought. You think the truth. You do not have the right to eliminate yourself. You do not belong to you. You belong to Universe. Your significance will remain forever obscure to you, but you may assume that you are fulfilling your role if you apply yourself to converting your experiences to the highest advantage of others."

>Fuller stated that this experience led to a profound re-examination of his life. He ultimately chose to embark on "an experiment, to find what a single individual [could] contribute to changing the world and benefiting all humanity."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baT5JbNBIq8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1IXWnS6vwk
>>
>>17287019
That's stupid. I have to be thankful for not being raped right now?
And somebody that was raped has to be thankful because they were not raped and mutilated?

That's like thanking your drunk dad for not beating you today.
>>
Sounds like your problem beyond general unhappiness went unstated. I highly doubt you jumped because some guy wouldn't hold your hand to math class for 15 years. I don't see anything wrong with not enjoying society as it is, or as it was at the time. Something else, maybe? Did you jump because you already were aware that there was nothing you could do to change your surroundings, recognizing the futility of any possible efforts? I wouldn't call that being broken.

What's wrong with being unsatisfied with everything you perceive? When you admit that it's pointless you are merely disregarding the possibility of positive outcome. But are positive outcomes necessary?

Living the dream it sounds like. Got a job with plenty of hours to function in society, left with no time to feel like any was lost between work and sleep, sound head on your shoulders.

Is it appearance? What's the real problem, OP. A case of too smart for your own good? Life is suffering, but that's not really all that terrible. Look at the other similar thread. That's not you, right? Neither of you seem to be lacking self-awareness and I'd be shocked to find someone with either credentials being enlightened by anything posted here.

Only difference between the two is the other guy sounds arrogant and frustrated. Achieving all his goals except an intelligent partner who appreciates him in some manner for what he has achieved as an individual. Here, all we may know is that you used social media at a bad moment.

You can follow my blog at vvvvvvhowcomeyourereadingthisdotru
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.