[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>girl decides some guy she knows is boyfriend material >guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Guide_of_Dooku.png (127 KB, 305x350) Image search: [Google]
Guide_of_Dooku.png
127 KB, 305x350
>girl decides some guy she knows is boyfriend material
>guy notices this
>guy thinks the girl is okay looking/fuckable/why not
>relationship starts
Seriously, this is how most if not all relationships are formed, right?

>inb4 no
explain
>>
>Person is attracted to another person
>Person can't stop thinking about other person
>Person pursues said person
>Person finds out person they don't actually love them
>Person tries to make it work anyways
>Relationship fails horrifically
>Either get cheat or get married and then cheat
>Physically and emotionally abuse one another
>Person screws other person over by claiming their shit
>Person commits suicide
>Other person goes onto the next person
>>
Yes? Sort of

Usually a person doesn't know if they are bf/gf material until after getting to know each other for a while. Physical attraction is the first stage, then it goes from there.
>>
People get to know each other first, using the ancient art of verbal communication.
They don't just look at each other and suddenly decide they want a relationship.
>>
>>17285926
This has been all my relationships, except in reverse. I'm the female saying "why not."
>>
>>17285974
My point was that after this verbal communication you speak of, one part is up to decide if a relationship can happen or not. That part is the girl. The guy will then accept if this is the case unless the girl is a landwhale.
>>
More or less, but it's less ironclad than you make it out to be. Everyone falls in love more easily with a person who is into them. When you interact with someone you like you try harder, smile more, listen better, make more eye contact, are more playful, are more on your best behavior. That and people tend to fall in love with people they see often (google mere-exposure effect), familiarity makes us like people better. Then there's the part where you are attracted to a person who is genetically different, which translates into subconsciously liking their body smell or not and because of this is also almost always mutual.

So basically all people like people better when they like them and are around them more. In your scenario, the girl might start deeming the guy bf material because she picks up on signs (like frequent smiles and being extra friendly) that she doesn't realize are because of her. It is both influencing one another and increasing each other's attraction. There is no set in stone initiator. Guys often think they made the first move when technically the first move was made by the woman throwing a long gaze/smile that she wouldn't have if she disliked him, for example, and then you're back to my earlier point: perhaps she started noticing him because he sought her out in small ways even before that.
>>
>>17285997
This sounds somewhat accurate
>>
>>17285993
No, both girls and guys are rejected more often than they are successful. In part because the guys the hot girls go for are usually taken or busy with life, but also for other reasons. Desperate guys who don't get out much have a hard time understanding this, this is my best effort to explain it.
>>
>>17286026
That doesn't match what I see in real life. Maybe it's a cultural thing that changes from country to country. And I'm not desperate in general if that's what you mean.
>>
File: Drink.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Drink.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>17285974
>They don't just look at each other and suddenly decide they want a relationship.

Unless youre one of those guys who have difficulty getting in one,and never had one... I'm one of them.
>>
>>17285926
more like
>Guy decides girl is girlfriend material
>Guy tries to be her friend.
>Guy hangs around her and her friends for over the course of a year.
>Guy asks her out after letting his feelings build up too much in that time.
>Girl rejects him due to being busy (may be a lie)
>Guy overhears a conversation and finds out she may actually be asexual
>Guy becomes depress everytime the thought of her comes up.

I will never not be upset at that. Sometimes I wish I was asex, maybe for once I'd stop trying to fuck girls who just happen to have similar interests as me.
>>
>>17285926
For me it was the opposite. My boyfriend's main reason for courting me was that he thought I was girlfriend material and I thought he was good looking and was only looking for something temporary at the time. There is no hard rule, people vary in what they want and are looking for. Relationships vary in how they start and develop.
>>
>>17285926
>Guy trying to get laid by any female
>Girl is either drunk or hurt and fucks guy
>Guy believes he is special and girl is gf
>Girl may go along for awhile or until random hot guy wants to drunk fuck
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.