[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good morning everyone. This won't be worded the best way,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0151[1].jpg (579 KB, 1552x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0151[1].jpg
579 KB, 1552x2592
Good morning everyone. This won't be worded the best way, nor may people get it, but please listen to what I have to say, and what I have to ask. I am 31 years old. I am African American( In before standard black person jokes. Trust me, this comes into play.) I dislike my job. I work with someone I have known him 10 years and I can't stand him. He is very high and mighty, he acts like he owns the entire world and it owes HIM. IF you want details as to our "extensive" history, ask and I will comment. I want to get a new job, I want to leave but a few things stop me from doing so.: 1 The reason for anything; money. This job pays well. 2. Getting another job that pays as much may be difficult. 3. I am unsure if this same thing won't happen at another job, were I to get one. I know I am not listing all the details, as I type this I think I should have thought this more out, but I want to ask for advice now. Please feel free to ask any details but some kind words of advice would help. This is driving me nuts. I think about finding a job I would like, but at times I feel I am Mr. Boring and can't think of anything to go for. Also before I forget, not bait, b8, or anything like that. Just a jumbled 5 am request for advice
>>
>>17284511
I don't need any more details than this

>1 The reason for anything; money. This job pays well.
Well good for you. Learn to appreciate it, faggot.
>2. Getting another job that pays as much may be difficult.
Well then the more of a reason to learn to appreciate your current then.
>3. I am unsure if this same thing won't happen at another job, were I to get one.
There's no such thing as dream jobs. Anywhere, literary anywhere will be downsides to a job AND people you won't get along well with, or who are plain asshole's. Learn to deal with it. Ignore those people and get as small contact as you can with them. Concentrate on and enjoy the rest of your life. You do have a life beside your job, don't you? Hobbies, passions, family, friends, a girlfriend?
>>
>>17284718
A bit harsh, but yes, I do have those things outside of work. Problem is I am stuck with this guy in a tiny room for 8 hours, 5 days a week, kinda sucks.
>>
>>17284511
Can you talk to Your boss, or HR, about it? Not even to get him in trouble, just to see if you can be partnered with someone else instead.
>>
>>17284881
Tried that, no one else on staff willing to take 12am-8 shift.
>>
>>17284910
What's the job? What does he d?
>>
>>17284511
ask to try and transfer, honestly apply for other jobs when you get off of work
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.