[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Relationship gradually have gotten fucked, at the end of my rope.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
So..

>girlfriend oftentimes will do something that doesn't make sense to me
>I ask questions to understand first, to make sure I'm not hearing anything wrong
>See that something could have been done a lot better and in a way that would benefit both of us
>Normally she used to understand and say she sees what I mean and agrees, then we move on with no problems

The thing is, this sort of thing usually involved both of us, and got me stressed out a bit, IE: she says something that is rude without meaning to, knowing she didn't mean it I bite my tongue for my response, and try to calmly get to the bottom of it with her and clear things up. The problem is, we both take things personally, and can get defensive easily, which USUALLY isn't a problem because we can contain it, but recently...

>She has been stressed out from her new job a ridiculous amount, too much
>We've talked about this and shes aware its stressing her out so as not to take it out on me
>Same thing happens, only now she takes it personally, and starts getting
defensive, taking it personally, etc, and starts arguing and getting upset.
>We end up calming down, fix the problem and make up, but it happens again
>and again
> and again, to where its been going on for a few months like this and I have long since had it.
>I've lost my temper countless times, and we've gotten so bad we are saying horrible things to each other (that I know we don't mean) and things that aren't okay (like personal attacks) that we vowed we would never say
>slowly stopped apologizing and fixing things all the way, instead delaying our talks to fix things until we're calm and have had time to think.
>keeps happening, "breaks" between talks are getting longer and longer.
>just basically not getting better, at best doesn't get worse, but sometimes does.
>see things going down the shitter, but don't want to let them fail, want to fix this shit and restore our relationship to what it once was, and better.

>what do I do
>>
Any thoughts on what I/she/we can do better? Willing to do anything at this point..
>>
You just described my relationship with creepy accuracy. I don't have answers, but I've come to the conclusion that her behaviour is due to a combination of narcissism and anxiety over the way she's perceived.

I guess it helps a little to understand where her emotions and responses are coming from, but if you're anything like me it's not much help.

The longer it goes on the more I believe it just can't be fixed.

Sorry bro.
>>
File: 1452500322352.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452500322352.jpg
451 KB, 1920x1080
>>17284949

Thanks bro, I appreciate the response.

Idk, I guess whats really affecting me the most now is shes starting to try to say its all my fault, because now I get so upset its so fucking bad to the point I end up yelling, which is apparently the reason she gets so bad. But it always starts with me pointing something out to fix it and her sounding upset or bothered or stressed. Sometimes she even apologizes now and says her throat derps when she says something with a bad tone, even though that doesn't make sense that a throat derp could make you sound normal aside from a crappy tone, right? And this keeps happening more and more and I'm buying it less and less every time.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so frustrated and at a point where I don't know what if anything would even help or work to try. She wants ME to see a therapist for my issues I apparently have even thought this is the only reason I'm not okay! Fuck man.

Also bump for if anyone can help out with our situations.
>>
Seems like you both need to chill the fuck out, talk and admit that both of you are stressed out and that you still love each other before everything else, then have some sweet sex.

Then get a vacation in order then/or to the root of the problem directly, her job that is causing her all the stress.

A job that is breaking your relationship is a job not worth having.
>>
>>17285085
>She wants ME to see a therapist for my issues
See one together. You aren't doing well talking things out yourselves. You need a third party.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.