[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, I wanted to get your opinion in today's dating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: eqqihang.jpg (37 KB, 792x456) Image search: [Google]
eqqihang.jpg
37 KB, 792x456
hey guys,

I wanted to get your opinion in today's dating culture. I think that men have the upper hand actually in dating. Women often times are sacrificing more of their emotions, and more of themselves to the man the deeper they go into the relationship. We get into a very vulnerable state of mind where we see the man as the protector in the relationship and lean on him for that. We have rejected every suitor but that one man, and we give it our all to that one person. Everything we have-- we share our experiences with you, we give our entire bodies to you, we give our thoughts, emotions, love, and affection completely and totally to you and only you. Whereas men are encouraged to sleep around with as many women as possible, and are applauded for this. Women sit around or go out with friends and tend to not want to experience the social faux pas with being deemed a whore, and thus leads to massive sexual frustration and mental distress.

At this kind of position, I believe the man has the upper hand and can leave the relationship whenever he wants. because there are so many other women he is encouraged to chase after and have sex with. He can pull the comfort rug from his girl friend's feet whenever he wants leaving her with nothing. He can leave absolutely unscathed and not really care about the damage he has done. Whereas the woman is left with massive psychological distress, and mourning. She's given everything to him and lost all power.

Honestly do you think that men have the upper hand in dating?
>>
>>17283374
My girlfriend makes over double what I do, has 2 more degrees than I do, and has way more balls than I do. Our roles are completely reversed. This is similar to her 3 sisters and their husbands, also. High success women from a high success family. She leans on me for nothing but the love I give her. I would never dream of leaving. There's no pussy in the world more valuable than her's. To leave her would be financially and emotionally irresponsible.

Your theory falls flat when it comes to any woman who has more social/financial worth than her male partner.
>>
>>17283387
well honestly that's really sweet and nice to hear that you say no other woman is more valuable than yours. that's how it should be.
>>
>>17283374
>I think that men have the upper hand actually in dating.

Oh shit, what?
Is this bait, or is this fantasy?

>Women often times are sacrificing more of their emotions.
Well, yeah, after being called 'creepy' too many times, men do tend to close off a lot.

>We get into a very vulnerable state of mind where we see the man as the protector in the relationship and lean on him for that.

Well, that's just sexist. Why the fuck does the man have to protect things? Women can be strong too.

>We have rejected every suitor but that one man, and we give it our all to that one person.

Okay, so you pretty much say 99% of men get rejected (and girl, you do not realise just how harsh most bitches are about this. This is why we don't let ourselves be vulnerable, you fucks are merciless, kick us when we're down kinda merciless) and think we get the upper hand?

Secondly, don't say "we" so much because plenty of bitches cheat, so that "we give it all to that one man" is a load of bollocks.

Speak for yourself, not for anyone else.

>men are encouraged to sleep around with as many women as possible, and are applauded for this.

When was the last time you saw a man literally be applauded for banging ho's?

Bait or fantasy?

I'm starting to think both...

> I believe the man has the upper hand and can leave the relationship whenever he wants.

Could be something to do with the fact modern women collectively seem to hate men, the huge deterrents preventing us from getting too serious (alimony, child support, 'palimony' for cohibatants).

But no, the reason it's easy for us to leave has to be that we're conditioned to be sex pests.

bitch.

>He can pull the comfort rug from his girl friend's feet whenever he wants leaving her with nothing.

Women initiate 70% of divorces and literally pull the rug and home from under the mans feet leaving him with nothing.

This has to be bait, right?

>She's given everything to him and lost all power.

That was your own damn choice.
>>
>>17283401
it's hard to find anybody who is willing to be monomagous so I have no choice but to hang out alone and engage in my own hobbies, also hanging out with my male friends, etc.
>>
>>17283403
this is coming from my own experience. the douche gained full and complete power over me in the relationship. while i enjoyed being submissive, this backfired on me when he randomly decided to leave because he didn't feel the same way about me.

now moving forward, i won't be able to enjoy the luxury of being submissive to him because it's not worth the pain associated with the risk of being broken up with.

in the past, i have dated average joes who weren't particularly attractive, with personality problems, but my friends hated them. i was left to break up with them as everyone encouraged me to do so.. this wouldn't stop.

even if i wanted to date a man whos desperate, i know for sure i will dump him if he doesn't get approval from everybody else in my life. for example if he has temper problems, is a shit talker, not social enough, etc etc, it won't work out.

so i have to date someone who is a bit more on the attractive scale in order for society to accept this. and for him to integrate himself into my life completely. so again this is a catch 22 where i will lose some power.
>>
Hold on, OP's argument was not based on a woman relying on a man financially, and also a greater (whatever her financial position) romantic or social value should not be placed on a woman measured by being born into financial advantage, or by having more money than a man. Women are still fighting for financial equality. I judge the man I love by who he is, which is he is lovely - not his paycheque (which is average by my country's living standards), I'm an average earner at the moment but I've been a higher earner before. So what? Most of my family had nothing, I came from nothing, so what?
>>
>>17283403
This

Get rekt OP
>>
>>17283434
Oh, op :\ The average guys with temper problems/shit talking/awkward social life are what you have to pick from. They're what we all have to pick from.

Because even if you find a man who is attractive, then he's got all those other flaws. Even if you find one who's very social, then he's going to make fun of you and put you down a lot. No one is perfect. Men have flaws out the wazoo.

Your choice as a woman is this: Be with a guy with tons of flaws and accept it, or be career focused and die alone. If you continue with this fantasy ideal, then you're going to end up divorcing your future husband and getting called a whore; or being with a guy for many years who ends up dumping you as some part of elaborate mind game.

This is a woman's lot in life. Nothing glamorous.
>>
>>17283403
>bitch

Grow up.
>>
>>17283374
>to you and only you
lol
>>
>>17284070
Change man to woman, and that's what men deal with.

Dumbass cunt, you aren't a special snowflake gender
>>
File: 1461536761984.jpg (179 KB, 898x449) Image search: [Google]
1461536761984.jpg
179 KB, 898x449
>>17283374
This is bait right?
>>
>>17284070

but nobody likes people with personality problems tho. it's not going to work out. they have to at least like my friends... thats the least i can ask. my past two boyfriends AGGRESIVELY shit talked about me friends, in front of their faces, and with me. it was NON STOP.

they actively created turmoil and misery in my social life, and i couldn't stand that shit anymore.

i don't know why people do this. but i want that person to get the fuck away from me if they hate all of my friends, who have been there for me when i was at my worst.

so, i guess i will just wait, or keep doing my own thing, until i meet someone who wants to actively chase after me. as a woman, it's never worth chasing after a guy. because when it comes down to the wire, the guy will be too lazy to fight for you when times get rough, and he'll let you slip through the fucking cracks.

fuck. that. shit.

i want someone who will put their lives on the line for me and fight for me until the very end. i am okay with dating someone less attractive than me, if they are willing to their their lives down for me.
>>
>>17284124
You sound like an entitled cunt.

>but nobody likes people with personality problems tho. it's not going to work out. they have to at least like my friends...
Why the fuck do you let other people determine who you are close with? If you think your friends' opinions are more valuable than your own then you have some shit you need to get sorted.

>they actively created turmoil and misery in my social life, and i couldn't stand that shit anymore.
Sounds like you've done a poor job at choosing mates so far. But guess what, that shit hapoens to men too, it's not common that anyone finds the love of their life on the first try, regardless of their gender.

>so, i guess i will just wait, or keep doing my own thing, until i meet someone who wants to actively chase after me.
You're generalizing like mad here. Just because you've had shitty experiences (because you chose shit mates), doesn't mean that that's how things happen all the time.

Also enjoying the entitlement here too, why is it that the man should ever have to fight for the woman if the woman nnever has to fight for the man? The point is that no one in a healthy relationship should be fighting for each other in any way.

>i want someone who will put their lives on the line for me and fight for me until the very end.

More entitlement, I've already made my point about this but the fact that you took it as far as to say that you want someone who will lay their life down for you, yet I'd be surprised if you didn't throw a fit over being asked to lift a finger to help your man.

Tl;dr: you're an entitled cunt who has a lot to learn or you will live your life alone (hopefully, unfortunately you'll probably manage to manipulate some poor sap into "laying down his life for you" while you walk all over him and treat him like shit).
>>
Stop spamming your blog here. Do it on tumblr instead.
>>
>>17283374
You know women aren't credited with autism as much as men are. But I assure you female autism is just as common as male autism. Current dating culture sucks. Society as a whole as moved forward into a massive shit pit to sift through, some one believed information would be too much and too difficult to sift through because there would be too much clutter to deal with, information and knowledge hasn't become this way, people have. There's so many shitty people to deal with, it's almost impossible. 7 billion possibilities and a majority of failures.

Maybe "optimists" view these numbers as a great opportunity, many experiences(they can be viewed as having an upper hand in these situations). I view it as a big fucking pile of shit I'm forced to push through and wanting almost nothing to do with it(I'm viewed as having the upper hand.) I would disagree.

It's all about how you look about it, honestly. Just choose the right person and do it properly the first time(patience is a thing). most people don't even make it out of the teenage angst phase. next time you're feeling angsty maybe you just make yourself sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>17284124
Seriously, the fact that you want someone to be able to put down their life for you probably includes them sticking up for you to their friend's opinions as well.

It seems to me your friends approval mean more than your SO at the time. Hypocrite much? Wouldn't you want your man to stand up for you regardless of what his friends think?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.