[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a bad sign that my 2 years younger brother was able to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1465082662415.jpg (143 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
1465082662415.jpg
143 KB, 728x546
Is it a bad sign that my 2 years younger brother was able to get a girlfriend and lose his virginity before me?

I'm 20 and my brother was able to get a girlfriend and get laid in high school. I'm a junior in college now with no luck for the entire time I've been here and it's weighing pretty heavy on me.
>>
Are you a loser?
>>
>>17282744
Kind of when compared to my brother, he's always been one step ahead of me in his social life.
>>
You can't define your life by comparing it to other people. You and your brother have a different set of skills and tools, and there are things that each of you can do better than the other.

If you have a good relationship with him maybe you can even ask him for help, ask him how he meets and talks to girls and how to act better in social situations. Getting jealous of him isn't the way to go, though.

I know your pain, my 2 years younger brother seems to be better than me at literally everything except for the fact that he's a social autist (I am a bit too, but not nearly as bad).
>>
>>17282736
Its a bad sign if you measure yourself by how early in your life you got laid. Admittedly society especially in America kind of makes you believe it's the most important thing. But its only important if it's really important to you. If you don't really care that much about it and just didn't feel the right girl came along yet its all fine. If you care a lot about it and measure your success in life by how many fucks you've had then its a problem. But then you should maybe also ask yourself what is the actual problem, not getting laid or caring so much about it.
Its easy to say what i just did and i was in a similar spot. I didn't have a younger brother overtaking me in the love department but a father making sure to remind me how much later than him i was in that regard. So i understand how hard it is to block that out and think to yourself what it actually is that you want, not what you think others think you should want/have/be doing. But its the key to happiness and confidence in a more general sense.
>>
>>17282736
My Younger brother used to be miles ahead of me. Went to university got lots of shit done and now he is homeless and stubbornly refuses our help for the sake of his pride.

The point is shit changes and it sucks more when family is down than high.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.