[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going on a diet, but I just found out that alcohol has a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1466491407585.jpg (37 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
1466491407585.jpg
37 KB, 600x398
I am going on a diet, but I just found out that alcohol has a lot of calories.

There in must be the problem. I drink a good bit. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to it from a mental standpoint and being social on the weekends without alcohol makes me feel nervous.

I have to drink a lot to get drunk now, at least 8oz of Captain Morgan.

Anybody got any tips for being social on the weekend without alcohol, or a way to drink without a shit ton of calories?
>>
>>17281826
Get addicted to benzos instead

They'll make your anxiety disappear

I'm joking about the addiction part, 1 valium on a saturday won't lead to addiction or any other problems. Just don't take them every day. But then again, psychiatrists sometimes make people take them every single day for years
>>
>>17281916
Yeah my wife takes 20 mg a day. Valium doesn't do anything to do me. I get a similar feeling to what people say benzos make you feel like from Kratom and opiates.
>>
>>17281826

>any tips for being social witehout alcohol

just dont drink. and then socialize. i had to quit alcohol cuz i was on accutane. ironically i spent more time at the bar while on accutane then not. the bartenders always know i want a water, and once in awhile surprise them wtih wanting a cherry coke.

they know im off of it now but know i just like to hang out, and its just easy extra tips so they dont care. no one else seems to. sometimes theres a discussion but i jsut say 'got something important to do after'.

to be honest if you're carrying around a glass of water no one assumes theres no alcohol. i think they assume its vodka tonic but its whatever.

that being said your other option is
>powerful stuff

go for the highest alcohol concentration to get fucked up fast on fewer calories. OR, consider going with low calorie drinks. i hear straight unflavored vodka gives you a lot of alcohol with very few calories.

1 jigger of vodka only has 94 calories, according to google. not sure what a jigger is but its 1.5 fl ounces.

also consider getting high on weed before hand if getting fucked up is important but i think you can have more fun than you k,now sober. and im not even saying you should be sober all the time, i still enjoy a drink.

but you will save a lot of money and calories if you drink only like once a month instead of every weeekend
>>
File: 1466445622354.png (183 KB, 296x378) Image search: [Google]
1466445622354.png
183 KB, 296x378
>>17281958
Maybe it's better if I clarify. All of my friends come to my house on the weekend. I mean my house btw, not my parents house, before someone calls me underage. But when they do I feel so pressured to make sure they have are good time and to be a good host. It's so stressful, but I really like being around my friends since I work a dead end 9 to 5 every other day of the week.

So I like being around them, but I feel pressured to makes sure they have are good time unless I'm drunk. I'm also the DM of our d&d games so I am always trying to make sure I do a good job and everyone has fun. I start panicking if I don't have something for us to do. I'll start asking if they want to do all sorts of stuff. That's why it's always nice to make new friends and hang out with new people, as they most likely haven't done all the things I think they would enjoy and I have a lot of options to pick from

Sorry for the fucking blog post.
>>
>>17281970

thats all great, but the problem is you are falling into rationalization. you know what you have to do to be healthier and lose weight (cuz lets be real you're probably drinking too much considering how much you need). but you are like 'BUT I GET STRESSED'.

we all get stressed. we all have problems. we all wanna pop open a beer and sit in the shower.

i gave up drinking for six months cuz i knew it was the only way id get rid of my acne. you want to lose weight. whats more important, holding on to this lifestyle, or losing weight?

thats what ill leave you with. and again you dont even have to go cold, but you have to severely reduce. once a month, max.
>>
>>17281826
Drink whiskey neat. Way fewer calories per unit of drunk. You shouldn't be using alcohol as a crutch for socializing but just work on it one successful interaction at a time.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.