[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Death of a loved pet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1462570290321.jpg (471 KB, 1200x896) Image search: [Google]
1462570290321.jpg
471 KB, 1200x896
How do you accept the death of a pet?

So today I just put down my dog that Ive had since she was a puppy. Why does it hurt so much to do the most humane thing possible?

This is the only time Ive come home and wasn't greeted by my dog. I cant get used to this feeling. It hurts too much.
>>
Recollect all your fond memories, photos and write down stories.
Dont blame yourself, putting her down the humane way was for the best, you would not have wanted her to suffer from pain and agony.

The pain dulls after a couple of days, maybe even longer. But you did good, you were her owner and you did your best each and everyday of her life, the giver of food, love and safety. Rest In Peace Pup, may you find happiness running on the endless grassfields of Heavens.

Take care OP, make sure you never forget what she brought your daily life, and maybe see if you could allow another dog into your life. There are plenty out there who needs a loving home.
>>
Curse god, swear eternal anger
>>
>>17281613
I lost my best friend (dog) years ago. I cried like a little bitch all day and night so I feel your pain.

Time heals and eventually you'll think about him/her less frequently and you'll just reflect on the happy memories.

Me now.. I only think about the awesome times we had together. She was an amazing dog and I feel so grateful to have had her in my life, even if it wasn't as long as I'd hoped.

The fact that you are hurting so much shows how much love you had for your dog.
Sounds like your dog was lucky to have you in his/her life.
Chin up and I hope you feel better soon.
>>
Hey anon. I've never had a pet before but I've wanted one all my life (my mom is afraid of dogs) and will probably be getting one in a few short years.

A lot of people say that getting a dog is setting yourself up for heart break. But the end of your relationship with your dog doesn't have to be entirely sadness. There are a lot of dogs out there who don't have a home and even more so with owners who are cruel. If your pet enjoyed a good life with a loving owner, you can take solace in the fact that she was happy on her time on this Earth and that's the best thing a human can do for an animal.
>>
>>17281613
I'm very sorry for your loss, anon. May your pupper rest in peace.

There's no better medicine than time, really. Give yourself time to grieve, don't try to bottle it all up. You gave her a good life, and she loved you very much. Celebrate the good times you had with her.
>>
>>17281613
Just echoing what everybody else has said. I had to put down my buddy a year ago, and it fucking crushed me. It seriously felt like my brother or best friend had died. I still miss him, but it doesn't actively hurt anymore. There's no shortcuts. It just takes time. You'll probably never not miss him, but it won't hurt forever. You don't have to get used to the feeling, your body and brain simply can't keep the wound raw like this forever. For the time being, I'm afraid that it is going to hurt. It's supposed to.

You did the right thing, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Household pets live far longer than they naturally would in the wild; therefore we owe it to them to give them a peaceful, painless death. I'm sure you know that already, but in my experience it does help to be told. I'm sorry for your loss, and good luck.
>>
Adopt a new pet, I've heard that helps...
>>
>>17281668
Having any pet is setting yourself up for some kind of unhappiness in the long run. When my 7 year old cat died of a heart attack in 2010 there was pain and when I was the only one to discover my 14 year old dog had mouth cancer (because apparently no one else had scratched her chin in mouths) there was pain and when my 20 year old cat died suddenly last year I was the last one to see him alive and the last thing he did which wasn't waiting to die was try to lay down next to me but the pain in his intestines was too much so he just went down into the dark basement to hide and wait for death there was pain.

>>17281673
When my cat died in 2010 in my arms of a sudden heart attack I didn't cry for two days, I just went more or less catatonic.
>>
>>17281717
Don't do this. Wait a while. You need time.
>>
>>17281613
They have accepted their death, you can do it too. What matters is that you were there throughout their life and in their last moments.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.