[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I just never have children? The other day, my sister
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1436683090278.jpg (214 KB, 1000x1041) Image search: [Google]
1436683090278.jpg
214 KB, 1000x1041
Should I just never have children?

The other day, my sister in-law brought her kids over, and it was the first time I'd been around kids in a while.

It seems like the most madness inducing, frustrating thing a person could do to themselves.

I understand that they are just kids, but to what degree can children apply logic or reasoning to their actions? How the fuck does our species survive?!?!

While they were here, their mother basically spent two hours preventing them from getting in to shit. But because there were two of them, one would always wander off and get in to something else.

Does your brain trick you in to having children with hormones, at some point?
>>
No, it's just that some people aren't completely selfish. The most important thing you can do in life is to ensure the existence of your family in the next generation, and raise those kids to be even better than you were. It's literally the reason we're here. Get over yourself, you can handle a little frustration. Tell me what else you're doing with your life that's so important
>>
>>17281521
>Being so self centered you think out of billions of people it's your responsibility to reproduce
>Being such a narcissist that you think your bloodline has earned a place in the future based on some hand-wavey, spooky idea of "purpose"
For many people, the best thing they can do for their kids is not to have any. More people need to learn this.
>>
Your sister just doesn't have any control over her kids. It's because they don't respect her. This is either because she appeases them and doesn't discipline them, or because she isn't around enough. Her kids don't have any sense of respect, nor do they have any sense of independence or personal responsibility.

The best thing you can do for your kids is support them in their pursuits, encourage them to push through and face obstacles, act as a guide, and not just do things for them. Show them how to do things, then make them figure out how to do those things. When the kids learn to be successful and gain confidence in their own abilities, they'll respect you more, especially if you make them face the consequences of their own actions.
>>
As a young mom it's tough. (Young twentys) I made an accident but decided to be responsible and live with my action. Lucky my kid is fucking cute. It's scary because this child not only depends on you financially but emotionally.
I love my son with all my heart but as a single mom I can't go out and do things anymore. I need to get back into my child like mind set.
Sometimes guys will think I'm the shit and wanna date me other times the fact that I have a son scares them. I'm not bothered by it. It's a challenge. If you don't want kids good for you. I don't want anymore.
Everything in life has its positives and negatives
Just remember when you see an annoying kid you were once an annoying kid so try not to judge to hard.
>>
>>17281534
What if they are 2?
Or even 4
At that age kids attention spans don't last long. Are you even a parent?
>>
File: IMG_125112906089820.jpg (13 KB, 236x228) Image search: [Google]
IMG_125112906089820.jpg
13 KB, 236x228
>>
>>17281530

Don't have kids, then. I'm just following my instincts. If your instincts tell you to die childless, maybe the gene pool is better off without you
>>
>>17281498
Not having children isn't an uncommon mindset anymore. I know a lot of people who don't plan to have children. We're not 'muh evolutionary imperative' cavemen anymore.
>>
>>17281537
Fuck you I'm a polygamist Mormon in Utah with 12 kids and twins on the way. You're just a pleb go back to reddt you degenerate homosexual
>>
>>17281579
No, but we are full of manchildren like you who think Social Security pays for itself and thinks you should be entitled to retire while other people's kids foot your bill you useless faggot

>>17281498
>she stopped those kids from getting into things

Well gee now you've discovered what every single mother has had to do for 10s of thousands of years. Congratulations I guess? You sound kind of autistic to not understand that children are completely retarded and only through learning and aging do people become less retarded. You're probably in your 20s yet don't realize everyone over 35 looks down on you as being little better than a child who can legally vote.
>>
>The Fall of Western Civilization: The Thread
>>
>>17281535
>I don't want anymore.

Ruling more out completely is probably a bad mindset if you eventually want to get back on the dating scene when your kid is a little older.
>>
>>17281639
>the fall of terrestrial civilization in general: the thread

Chinese don't have kids either and as Brazil and Mexico and Argentina have become high-tier second world countries their birthrates have also fallen to the point where they'll be declining in 30 years, how can global civilization sustain itself if the more advanced a country becomes the less likely its people want to have kids when the least advanced people (africa) will number 40% of the world population in 2100? Dark times ahead. Alternatively the world will just gangbang africa again to keep da black man down.
>>
>>17281635
>No, but we are full of manchildren like you who think Social Security pays for itself and thinks you should be entitled to retire while other people's kids foot your bill you useless faggot

>implying I don't pay more taxes than your useless children and grandchildren ever will
>>
>>17281646
Dark times ahead literally. One can hope World War 3 wipes Africa off the map. About time someone used that place for something other than filth.
>>
>>17281651
>I'm secretly a millionaire lol!

Yeah see here's the thing fuckboy if you were a millionaire you would have kids because you could pay a fucking nanny to raise them for you. We both know you're just some faggot with a middle class job (wow it's fucking nothing).
>>
>>17281682
I'm not a millionaire, but I do make 6 figures. Why does this rile you up so much? I never said I didn't want children, either. Are you a single father with 5 children, trying to justify your own mistakes?
>>
>>17281579

Translation = "I'm a c.u.c.k."

Enjoy being a c.u.c.k., c.u.c.k.
>>
File: 1428075598-20150403.png (215 KB, 684x1287) Image search: [Google]
1428075598-20150403.png
215 KB, 684x1287
Not getting children sounds like a bad choice for me, i'm too traditional.

I don't know, does it feel bad if you die and realise everything you did was for your own amusement and all your dreams, thoughts, wisdom, the fact of your existence is forgotten forever in retrospect? It's somewhat narcissistic, but the opposite in the same time.

I kind of understand people who have no children, but still teach them, or people who wrote a god-tier book, or put all their effort in excelling in their job, working hard.
We will all wither and die, our time on this planet is short, existence is fleeting. Ensuring that your experience (and you'll have lots of it when you get old) will remain one way or another is somewhat rewarding.
When you live long enough your friends die and you get lonely too.

>General answer to OP: picrelated
>Personal answer: Getting children or not is philosophical individual problem.

Though supporting choice of emotionally insecure people who go "i don't want children because i'll make a horrible parent uwaaaa" is shit. Unless legit mental problems, they are children themselves who want attention and validation. They should grow up to make a consent choice about having a family or not. It's better that every person would at least try to sort their psychological issues till age 45 to make sober choices. And not edgy ones.
>>
Teacher here. Most people should not have kids. They don't bother raising them. The guy who said only selfish people do not have kids is dead wrong. In my experience the exact opposite is closer to the truth
>>
>>17281948
>Though supporting choice of emotionally insecure people who go "I don't want children because I'll make a horrible parent uwaaaa" is shit.
Some people are just horrible parents, despite being self-sustainable, successful, and not having any mental problems or insecurities.

Are you implying these people should have children regardless if they raise them poorly in a way that can affect their future as a functioning adult (not speaking from personal experience by the way, I don't have that problem)?
>>
>>17281843

literally the opposite of being a cuck since you wont risk ending up raising someone elses kid or being stuck on child support
>>
>>17281988
Well, no, it's okay, such situation is pretty legit. I remember some, they were workaholics and/or teachers. There aren't too many of them though and they usally aren't attention-whoring this issue.

i was pointing to some self-deprecating whining of 15-35yo educated, relatively kind-hearted 1st world youth who sees parenting as a hard task for which they will never be good enough.
>>
>>17281498
I have first type diabetes so I will never have children
>>
>>17281979
Kek
>50 years from now
>1st world countries
>all sensible altruistic people are going senile in elderly homes

>spawn of the dumb and selfish inherits the 1st world, turnes it into 4th world hell
OR
>99% of population is retarded and easily manipulated 1% rules it all smooth like butter

>choose your own dystopia and hope elderly houses won't have their budget cut
>>
>>17281498
Are you retarded?
Did you not graduate high school?
There's a big difference to children when it's A CHILD and YOUR CHILD.
Children are incapable of using higher brain powers that you may deem very basic because their literal physical brains are underdeveloped and smaller than your brain. Our species has survived by crying. Babies from ancient times cried very loudly and other animals felt sorry for our asses and took care of us until we could do things by ourselves. They honestly should have let us humans cry and die off.
>>
>>17281530
Lmao, this. People always say they want kids because they feel they want to continue their family line or feel the need to. It's so superficial to me.
Kids are annoying, expensive, die easily, and are their own autonomous little beings. They get into shit all the time and there's honestly no telling what they'll do.
I understand that you can influence your child to be the person you want them to be, but now far does that go?
I'll stick with not having kids
>>
>>>17281530
>dude overpopulation lol
>dude people are shit lol
Quite a deep ideas in that post.
>>
Having children is something you must feel.
If you want em, acknowledge the enormous amount of responsibilities you are deciding to charge yourself and your partner with. Then, if you are okay with those and still want children have them. It's your fucking choice.

If you instead do not want children, you'll do else which is equally okay. If you don't experience children in your life you'll experience something else, which is valid.
And by saying experience children, I mean exactly that: by choosing to have children you aren't doing it out of love for the children.
You are doing it cause you believe it'll make you or your partner happier.
That's the reason.
Please, for the love of god, if you believe you ought to have children cause it's "life purpose", don't. You are ultimately looking at your child as either an achievement, or as an obligation, and that's sad.

Also, if you believe your DNA to be more eligible to be passed on than the average human, just donate sperm or eggs.
Don't fuck over another human being's life by pulling him in here for that motivation alone.
>>
>>17281537

at that age kids are basically trying to kill themselves constantly so you have to keep an eye on them literally 24/7, they get less tiring once they're old enough to listen to you (if you haven't been a lazy fuck who never spends time with them that is, aka most parents)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.