[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop missing someone who left one month ago and will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1464524693835.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1464524693835.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
How do you stop missing someone who left one month ago and will be away for a long time?
>>
>>17281351
Do things. If you're missing them that's fine, but if you're sacrificing too much of your time and thoughts on them, then you should probably realise that there's something wrong with you.

Go out and do a hobby, chat to people, do something that actually uses your brain. Mindlessly browsing the internet does not help.
>>
File: 1465851735368.jpg (63 KB, 600x605) Image search: [Google]
1465851735368.jpg
63 KB, 600x605
>>17281351
You don't
>>
>>17281376
kinda hard, my work keeps me in the same place doing practically nothing from 9 am to 7pm, and I'm alone too, so there is no one to talk to, no hobbies. when i come home I go out with my friends, but I still feel this strange melanchony.
And I have lots of hobbies, and Lots of people to talk too when I go out (I'm really social and make friends easily). I'm even getting hit on by many, even If I always decline their offers.
It's like I'm living in a bubble, waiting for the day we'll be togheter again. And I only feel really alive when we're togheter.
It's not something that's tearing me apart, I can live with it, but it gets worse and worse everyday and I'm starting to become frustrated.
>>
>>17281351

Complete Dark Souls. It really is that simple. Or you could do Bloodborne which is much easier, but either way you could spend an insane amount of time doing that.

It's called the "flow" state and vidya is amazingly good at putting you in it. So is 4chan, incidentally.

Bye!
>>
>>17281413
I think I can understand your frustration anon. It sounds like your job is a real fucker. Maybe you just need to find something else to light up your life besides this person, I mean, it's cool that you feel that way about someone, but you cannot rely on someone, besides yourself, to be happy.
>>
>>17281420
I kinda do it with metroid prime at the moment, but we both know it's just a way to avoid the problem
>>17281428
Thank you anon. I'm trying to, and it's not that I have a dependence on someone, I'm really trying to be happy but, and I'm always out partying and doing things, but anything I do still feels kinda empty and sensless, no matter what I try. It feels like artificial happiness more than true happiness, and I mean, who would accept to have an artificial one when they had the real thing?
>>
idk

i was jilted over 3 years ago by someone i fell hard (and stupidly) for. it was a distance "relationship." i still think about this person in some way, probably every couple of days... partially because i now live in the city where we came together. moving here had nothing to do with this relationship btw.

for several months after it fell out from under me i felt pretty crippled and confused, which forced me to grow a lot. i have moved on, and had a number of relationships since, and the one i am in now is great.

to get to the point and answer your question, you don't really just get over it, or forget or whatever. you learn to live with the feelings it has caused or reaalize that it made you better by challenging you in some ways. maybe there's a future, maybe there's not. that's life. you can let it swallow you whole, or you can live it. whatever. this is hard to write.
>>
>>17281451
I know, it's kinda hard to express what you say. I thought about it, accepting it and trying to find some sort of inner peace.
Anyway we're still togheter and we do not intendt to cut it. It is really something like a perfect relationship when we're togheter, but because of reasons we wont be able to live like a normal couple until october or whatever.
It begun as a distance relationship, but we still had time to see ourselves a week-end every two weeks, and go to vacation togheter.
I though I made peace with the distance, and that i would get used to it. but as more times passes it's always harder. and now it's kinda breaking me down.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.