[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have recently gained a disregard for my own safety and well-being.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o6o976HNk21qjnhqgo1_400.jpg (42 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6o976HNk21qjnhqgo1_400.jpg
42 KB, 400x299
i have recently gained a disregard for my own safety and well-being.

a lot of things, including an annoying full time retail job, being 19, pressure to move out and college have started to weigh down on me. I was always a pretty good kid, didn't do drugs, never stolen anything, never been out too late or did anything bad. but the past few months i've been smoking weed and drinking with friends, being a nuisance and doing generally bad stuff, thinking about doing other drugs (if the opportunity arose) and also thinking of illegitimate ways to make more money. also my family moved in with my step-dad a few years ago and he wants me out before next year solely because he does not like me. i'm in sort of a get-rich-die-trying mindset because everything else kinda seems hopeless, and if i have to work full time for another year i'm actually going to blow my fucking brains out. day in day out monotony is boring the hell out of me and i'm at my breaking point. i have no idea how my 30yo+ coworkers do it without hanging themselves.

is this normal? am i going crazy?
>>
Humans were obviously designed to work 8-12 hours a day in doors non-stop 5 days a week indefinitely for the entire span of their life inside of artificial habitats with no natural light and silly amounts of stress.

You must be broken.

Stop forcing yourself to do things you don't want to do, man. "Gee, why am I trying to escape reality when I find no enjoyment in anything I do, and I'm constantly under crushing amounts of stress? It's a mystery!"

Really, these social expectations are rediculous. Don't buy into it, be your own person, and make your own decisions. If you don't like working somewhere, work somewhere else. Fuck the benefits. There's nothing great about making $3 more if the work is torture and you're going to kill yourself because of it.

It's life. So long as you manage a place to live, you're good. You can do anything, man. You can do things that don't even fucking exist yet. Don't let people put you in a cage.
>>
>>17280714
i want to believe you and everyone else who says "follow your dreams! hell yeah do anything!"

but in my case, i won't have a home to go back to if i fail. i can guarantee my step father would rather see me on the street than living in his house again once i move out. i'm a creative person and i have tons of ideas but if none take off, and i have no "real job", im fucked right? i mean i have a nice computer, lots of clothes, tv and vidya games, what do i do if i have to leave this all behind somewhere?

i guess i'm terrified of leaving my spot and terrified of staying in it. between a rock and a hard place.
>>
>>17280723
Don't talk to that faggot and stop drinking/doing drugs. I would have probably a thousand more dollars than I currently do from the past two years alone if I didn't drink so much.

Don't bother moving out until that old fuck is literally demanding you leave or he's calling the cops. Save your money and ensure if you get kicked out you can move in with a roommate to ensure that rent costs won't fuck you to death.

I'm guessing since your mother seems like such a good parent to marry this particular asshole you've taken out loans to pay for college instead of her footing the bill. That will also be a problem in the long run.
>>
>>17280723
What is your situation? Are you locked into going to school right now?

You don't need to get a, "Real" job right away man. So long as it'll pay your rent, buy you food, and allow you to save, you're good. Hop from entry level job to entry level job, get experience, and maybe move up the ladder some place. You don't even need an education to do that. While you're doing this, your savings is just going to grow and grow which will give you the opportunity to go back to school where you can either move up a tier to specialized trades, or you can pursue a more adventurous career.
>>
>>17280757
i should mention i don't pay for booze / weed, i only take it when offered with friends, maybe i chip in a few dollars every once in a while but the cost of that isnt the problem. i mentioned that as more of me wondering if i'm just becoming an adult or if something in my brain just switched to "hmm, i should do drugs now"

as for the rest, yeah he said if im not out by June of next year he will bring me a court signed document saying i pay 600$ a month for the tiny room in the back of the house or i have to leave. we don't ever talk anyway unless absolutely necessary. i am saving up currently, i have about 12k in the bank atm.

as for my mom, she did it moreso for my sister who wanted to be able to live on a ranch and work with cattle and stuff. i'm the only real "misfit" in the house, the rest of them are pretty comfortable because i'm not a cowboy and i definitely do not like them. my mom has tried to help out a little but yeah he's a piece of shit and she made a huge mistake with him, but what's done is done. she hasn't payed for college but she did make sure to not get married to him so i could put a single mom on my FAFSA, giving me a nice amount of money in scholarship funds (large part of that 12k) no loans yet, it's just community college atm.

>>17280791
not locked into school per-say, but if i leave now i expect backlash from everyone in my family.

another related thing i'd like to get some opinions on:
all of my closest friends are moving to LA in the fall. we live in a town a few hours away. they invited me to move with them but i said i'd like to finish community college before going anywhere, and plus LA seems dangerous and a big waste of money. thoughts? at least i'd have a home and roommate, but they're not exactly ideal roommate material, they're slobs and partiers.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.