[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone learn how to sing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 270490000000000-00-500x500[1].jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
270490000000000-00-500x500[1].jpg
24 KB, 500x500
I've been trying to learn how to sing since high school but I feel like I've made no progress (and still suck at it).

When I sing it sounds good to me until I record it and listen to it, it doesn't sound like what comes out to me. How do I vocalize better? How do I find out what my issue is?
>>
Ensure you're projecting from your stomach and diaphragm as opposed to your upper half like your nose etc.
It's a common mistake made by most singers when they start.
Learn breathing techniques/warm-up techniques (some are strange, like blowing your lips like a horse and stuff.....I know)
Sing along to piano scales to get an idea for pitch/tone.

You've taken the first big steps by recording your voice, I'd strongly suggest getting a good vocal mic and some recording gear and keep recording your voice, then listen back and pick things out like how you pronounce certain words and where you think you could project a lot better.

I always found if the song meant a lot to me while I was singing I would sing a lot better, being enticed with the music helps a ton.
>>
Get a singing teacher.
>>
>>17280000
What are some good breathing techniques?
>>
>>17280036

Just hit up YouTube for some singing breathing techniques or Google that shit brah you know how it go now
>>
>>17279972
I suspect much of it comes down to basic inbred talent because I've never really liked singing and I don't do it a lot, but I'm really really good at it without trying. It just makes sense to me and I have perfect pitch. Unfortunately we all have our own limitations and our own talents and you can't always choose what they are.
>>
>>17279972
Remember that Disney movie Ratatouille? Anyone can do something, you just have to put in the effort. I've been singing for years now, and I sing tenor/baritone. The best advice I can give you is to sing every single day, and make sure that you're not abusing your voice excessively (e.x. shouting a great deal, dehydration, etc.)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.