[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/, I want to start a career in the Medical Field, however;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_the_Red_Cross.png (6 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Red_Cross.png
6 KB, 900x600
/adv/,

I want to start a career in the Medical Field, however; I currently have a full time job now.

I'm wanting to start a degree program for something in this field. My primary desire is something that's stable, paycheck is secondary to this.

Any suggestions?
>>
What do you want to do? Be a doctor? A nurse?
>>
Cont from first post.

I've considered becoming an RN, however; the program for that seems pretty damn tough. I don't know if I could make it work with my current work load.
>>
>>17276013

A doctor seems unfeasible. I'd give a left nut to do it, but I don't think I could support myself for 10 years while racking up the insane amount of debt for school.

To continue off of >>17276014 from what I've seen the RN program requires doing clinicals, at certain times on a regular basis, something I don't think my schedule could afford.

I'm really wanting to find something that I can work my ass off, when I'm not preoccupied with my current full time job, and work towards, preferably something online.
>>
>>17276034
Look into becoming an EMT.

Pay is awful. You'll likely get 15USD if you live in the US. Shifts are pretty bad too. Tend to be 12 hours or 24 hours long, but then have two days off. And of course you can sleep during both shift types -- just have to be ready to wake up and go.

There are multiple levels of EMTs. EMT-B(asic) can be done in a single semester and cost less than 3000USD even at decent colleges.

While the bulk of it can be studied online, you will be required to do ridealongs with hospital, city or county ambulance units though. If you end up getting that as a 48 hour a week gig, you have plenty of down time to work on other things like study to become a doctor, firefighter (since they'll follow each other to the same trips), or get another job. If you continue health education they'll pay for it too.
>>
Theres not much in the medical field you can do part time. Look into working hard and saving up so you can do it full time.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.