[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey having a career crisis here can somebody give me a summary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Life Choices and Dignity.jpg (107 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
Life Choices and Dignity.jpg
107 KB, 800x595
hey
having a career crisis here

can somebody give me a summary of what actual
1. chemists
2. architects
and/ or
3. physicists
do on a day to day basis

tips on which career is best would be appreciated
thanks
>>
self bump
guys i need help
>>
Well as far as physicists or chemists go it depends on whether you want to go industry or academia, or even some non-traditional career with either.

I can't comment on industry, but getting to the "final stages" in academia takes a long time. First you have to go to grad school obviously (~6 years), then post-doc (anywhere from 3-10 years depending on the field), then a job at a university. The whole time you're doing research, presumably on something you're interested in. Once you're a professor you also get the added fun of teaching classes and mentoring students through their own graduate studies.

No one can tell you what career is "best" except for yourself. What are you looking for in a career exactly?

Also 4chan doesn't know shit about having a career in academia, so take whatever they say with a grain of salt.
>>
>>17276351
meant industry
thanks either way

i dont know shit about this either- thats why I asked
>>
>>17276360
Well in that case I'd say don't bother with either if all you're doing is getting a bachelor's and then trying to get a job. Physics is not very employable at that level, and you'll almost definitely have to go higher.

If you like those two fields though, consider looking into materials science. Fairly employable and a good blend of the two fields. If that doesn't do it for you, I definitely recommend architecture in the end.
>>
>>17276377
Alright. Thank you
>>
>>17276377
check em
>>
>>17276377
check em
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.