[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever ended a relationship simply because they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Starry_Night-wallpaper-10640130.jpg (2 MB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
Starry_Night-wallpaper-10640130.jpg
2 MB, 2160x1920
Has anyone here ever ended a relationship simply because they had become bored with it? Like the other person didn't do anything wrong but you kinda just wanted to break it off because it's just become stale and boring and being single and having fun seems like such a better option at the time?

That's how I kind of feel right now :/
>>
>>17275437

I did it with a relationship that was going on almost 5 years, then I got back with them for a month and a half, now I'm back to single.

Regardless if I am single or not, it's me who is miserable all the time.

Sometimes I feel I made a mistake, other times I think about the opportunities...

If you can make it work for you, make it work. I find it hard if you keep in contact with the ex, it makes it really hard in my case.
>>
Nope. I've always felt like the novelty/thrill of new sexual partners is overrated. It pales in comparison to having somebody that you've worked to build a bond of trust and love with.

Of course, I know plenty of people who disagree with me. They can't handle being sexually exclusive with somebody for months or years at a time. I wish those people would do everybody a favor and quit wasting time for people who can handle/actually desire long term relationships.
>>
Yes. That exact situation happened to me. And it turned out it was happening to my partner too, at the time. I was lucky enough to have them bring it up first before I did, though I'm a little embarrassed to say I wasn't the bigger person there for not being first to talk about it. But since we both felt it was the right thing to do, we stopped seeing each other, but kept in contact just as friends and started to try to see other people. Which lasted about a year. Then we got back together again because we missed being together and wanted to hook up. That was years ago, and now we're living together and engaged. But that's just my personal experience.
>>
>>17275471

Yeah I feel like she feels similarly to me also. But I lost my virginity to this girl so even though I want to see other people, I still get enraged at the thought of her fucking someone else lol. Stupid human emotions! I guess I'm still emotionally immature when it comes to relationships
>>
>>17275509
First post anon here,

Boy can I relate to that
>>
Yes i did that once to be honest
>>
>>17275509
Well it seems you have a hurdle to deal with that I didn't because my partner and I have always been much more open about our relationship.
>>
I constantly seek abusive relationships
I constantly fight with my girlfriends just to spice it up
I end up a few months in a relationship because I get bored. Shit happens bro.
>>
>>17275924
Realest nigga on /adv/.
>>
If you get bored in a relationship, it is entirely your fault. It's not the job of your partner to entertain you.

If you're bored, go fucking do something. Make plans to travel, try a new hobby together, whatever. You're in control of your own life.

If you don't want to stay in the relationship, that's fine - but you'll find that "I'm bored" is really a terrible way to go about it because you will ALWAYS get bored over time.
>>
>>17276031
This.
If you cant find things to keep a relationship going, then thats what your future ones will be like. You have to work at relationships. You need to make them interesting and fun. Come up with new things to do together.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.