[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I broke up with my ex 2 years ago and she took the dogs in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 620x233) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 620x233
I broke up with my ex 2 years ago and she took the dogs in the break up. I work too much to take care of them but I was supposed to be able to see them every now and then. No contact with my ex became more important and so I haven't seen them in 2 years. How can I see them without dealing with my ex?
>>
Sorry, but you're going to have to deal with your ex at least a little in order to come in contact with (what are now basically) her dogs. You can minimize contact by initially telling her you don't want to see or talk to her as much as possible and work out a schedule with her to work around that, but you are going to have to deal with her at least a little at first.

Just write up an agreement between you two on when the best times for you to visit will be and what you two will do if something comes up or either of you changes your mind about that initial schedule. Maybe you could come take the dogs for a walk once a week while she's at work or something.
>>
>>17275440
Yeah I guess dealing with her is an inevitability, and I'm not afraid of it or anything, and maybe I'm assuming too much but I feel kind of like a deadbeat dad or something. I feel like she might think I don't have a right to see them anymore for going no contact and I don't want to have to explain myself to her.
>>
>>17275458
Well, it really depends on how she sees things. For all you know you might be doing her a favor, though. Lots of dog owners hire people to walk their dogs for them when they're busy, and consider it a chore. And here you are pretty much wanting to do it for free. If she ever wants to go on vacation and can't bring the dogs, maybe you could offer to be her free dogsitter too. Just try to be a nice, honest, reasonable adult about the whole matter and treat her like you have faith she can be too.
>>
>>17275498
I'll try, still not sure how to initiate contact, I think some of my friends still have her number
>>
>>17275377
You fucked up by getting dogs and not having them registered in your name.
If you ever plan to get a dog with someone that you are romantically involved with, you have to make sure that:
>you can afford the dog on your own
No good breaking up and keeping the dog if you can't afford it
>you can keep the dog on your own
If you rely on your partner for money to live in a property that can house a dog, you will be stuck if you break up
>you register the dog under your name and the vets and under any insurance
this stops your partner from claiming to be the owner if you break up

It isn't like having kids, you don't have rights to visit the dogs or keep them on alternating weekends, if she moves on her new partner won't be keen on her ex visiting the dogs.

Sorry OP you fucked up, unless she wants rid of them, you aren't going to see your dogs in the capacity you want.

You can always try asking to see them 2 years on, offering to walk them or taking them off her hands, but chances are she won't be too receptive to those ideas.
>>
>>17275614
You didn't really read the OP post. I didn't mention it but I registered the dogs, just couldn't take care of them in the same capacity she could (demanding job, travel a lot) so I let her take them. I was supposed to see the dogs every now and then but I kind of fell off the face of the earth as far as she was concerned.
>>
>>17275675
>You didn't really read the OP post.
>I didn't mention it but I registered the dogs, just couldn't take care of them in the same capacity she could (demanding job, travel a lot) so I let her take them
I didn't really read it, but here's some information you didn't contribute?
Well done, maybe you aren't clever enough to take care of the dogs.
>>
>>17275840
The only thing I didn't mention was that I was the one who registered the dogs but it's irrelevant now. I'm just pointing out that you are contributing nothing to the discussion since you are projecting issues that don't apply to my situation. I know this is 4chan and all but ad hominem arguments are the lowest form of debate.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.