[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here a wheelchair user? I have a few questions if so.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Anyone here a wheelchair user? I have a few questions if so.

>Why do you use one?
>How long have you used one?
>Do you notice people behaving differently towards you than they do to people walking?
>How do you feel about being a wheelchair user in general?
>>
>>17274297
I have a question too. What is the thing that you would wish for people to do the most? What is the thing that people do often that you dislike the most?
>>
>>17274322
(I actually do use a wheelchair and I'm assuming you're asking these questions knowing that :3)

>What is the thing that you would wish for people to do the most?
Maintain their elevators and ramps, mostly, haha. Or HAVE them if they don't. People install this stuff to look ADA-compliant but you'd be surprised how many "wheelchair-accessible" spots aren't reachable because the ramp is very narrow or has stairs at the bottom (???) or the elevator broke down last week and nobody got it fixed. Then I'm stuck like you would be if a building had no door and everyone else could phase through the wall.

On a more individual level, I wish people would chill out. There's this weird look people give me sometimes that's like a combo of fascination, anxiety, pity, and compassion, and usually I'm just going about my day in a reasonably good mood like everyone else. It's truly not that terrible for me to have a disability.

>What is the thing that people do often that you dislike the most?
Touch me. Like touch my chair, lean on it, lovingly pat my shoulder or otherwise put hands all over me as a total stranger. The chair is an extension of my body and I'm not a small child, lol.
>>
>>17274356
If you have more questions, go for it. I can only speak for myself here, though.
>>
>>17274363
I didn't know about the wheelchair being like your body kind of thing. I rest my arm on it though the same way i wouldn't rest my arm on someone's bag. It's just their shit so i don't fuck with it if i don't know them.
I can understand the ramp elevator thing. Makes sense obviously...
The chill part is a bit difficult. I try to just ignore the fact that people are disabled if it doesn't matter in that situation. Try to treat them as normally as possible that way. But I'm not sure if i can always pull it off. But it helps knowing that you don't think life is that bad just because you are disabled. I guess you get used to it like you do to anything and pity is just an annoying reminder at some point.
One more question. Do you want people to approach you offering help or would you rather everyone just act normal and if you need/want help you'll reach out yourself?
>>
>>17274356
so if I rubbed my cock on your chair would you consider it rape
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.