[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't get too many answers the last time I posted this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: whut.jpg (26 KB, 307x286) Image search: [Google]
whut.jpg
26 KB, 307x286
Didn't get too many answers the last time I posted this, so I'll shorten it.

>I work at a small business retail store
>I am the only employee besides the manager
>Manager refuses to hire another employee for over a year because "we can handle it" (meaning me)
>There is no air conditioning in summer / no heat in winter
>I work all day by myself on Saturday (manager doesn't come in at all. We're open 10+ hours saturday)
>Multiple times per day I get overloaded with 5-6 customers that want something done at the same time, and I'm the only one working
>I work more hours than the manager a week but obviously get paid less
>Friend worked less than me and gets paid more at another store, and there is more people working there with him
>I work between 35-40 hours a week for "part-time"
>I need time off to get shit done but i cant get any time off

How the fuck do I get more hours off if I'm the only employee?

I don't want to quit, I need money, but right now I need to get a lot of personal shit done and I just don't have the time to do it because I work late shift and I also do not drive, so it's not like I have a quick ride to and from work.
>>
File: 95527714.png (151 KB, 1275x1650) Image search: [Google]
95527714.png
151 KB, 1275x1650
Apply to jobs everywhere. Sell your experience to the max. That's sort of impressive, and you can definitely do other jobs. Use actions verbs in previous job descriptions. When another job works out, quit.
>>
>>17273765
Notice the lack of action verbs. I meant while you work the job you are currently at. Posting resumes while working at a job is normal
>>
>>17273746
if you're working over a certain amount of hours despite being considered part time, you need to check certain aspects of your state and make sure you're not getting fucked out of benefits.

Most people that work over a certain amount of hours are considered full time and are supposed to get vacation time and benefits. It sounds to me like they probably know this and are using you.

Like someone else mentioned, start filling out as many applications as possible. Find a place that's within walking distance, if possible, or a place that's close with a bus.
>>
>>17273765
>>17273772
>>17273784

can't I do something NOW to get less hours?
>>
Sounds pretty fuckin illegal to me. Know your rights, but be prepared to be fired without cause. If you sic the state on 'em they'll probably cough up what you're owed but it could take a while.
>>
File: toradora0713.gif (274 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
toradora0713.gif
274 KB, 900x500
>>17273830

Nothing they are doing is illegal AFAIK.

I need answers senpai.
>>
>>17273746
How old are you?

How much are you paid?

Do you get benefits?
>>
>>17273813
Right NOW? Quit. Your personal life is much harder to fix than finding another job.
>>
>>17273872

10.25 an hour

no
>>
>>17273813
Threaten to leave unless:
- The manager gets down to work as well
- He finds another employee.
>>
>>17273851
If you're in USA
>I work all day by myself on Saturday (manager doesn't come in at all. We're open 10+ hours saturday)
is illegal if you're not getting meal breaks.
>>
>>17273952

I do not get a set time for break, I pretty much take break whenever I want.

Let's say I want lunch - I go out and get food and take however long I want to eat while being on the clock

However if a customer comes in i need to cut it short. then i return to eating.
>>
>>17273746
You little cunt.
You got plenty of replies last time. I guess you didn't want to believe them so you are making the thread again to find someone to say what you want to hear...
>>
>>17274539
>plenty of replies
>half of them did not answer question, yet spoke about other things
>>
>>17274619
Contact a lawyer to see if they are doing illegal shit. Or do what was said last time and go to the OWNER and threaten to quit flat out if they don't force the manager to play ball.

Losing a valued employee is far worse than having to tell a lazy fuckwit to do his fucking job.
>>
what the fuck? Do you get robbed left and right? How the fuck could any business function with a single employee?

If i were you I'd just suck it up and deal with it while looking HARD for new jobs. You've obviously got a lot of experience and you can turn that experience into a new job with better hours and probably better pay. Then your manager can go and fuck himself
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.