[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like a girl from my group of friends. I want to ask her out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ramona.jpg (20 KB, 443x616) Image search: [Google]
ramona.jpg
20 KB, 443x616
I like a girl from my group of friends. I want to ask her out face to face but there's always one or two annoying friends around making it awkward. They've known her for longer than I have. We get along but we aren't too close. I've asked her before to do something more casual just the two of us but she couldn't go because she said she was busy with college.

I only meet her about once every one or two weeks. Is it okay to just ask her out by text? Every week I think "I'm gonna just ask her out for coffee, in person, next weekend" but either I have that problem of no privacy or she doesn't show up.

And I feel like I'm too overwhelmed by how cool she is. Like I can't "just" ask her for coffee because that's too simple for her, but it's all I can afford now. As time passes I like her more. That's normal and I should just ignore that thought right?
>>
>>17271775

>Is it okay to just ask her out by text?

No. Ask her out face to face.

>And I feel like I'm too overwhelmed by how cool she is. Like I can't "just" ask her for coffee because that's too simple for her, but it's all I can afford now.

Stop that. She's a human being who drinks coffee just like the rest of us. Putting her on this pedestal and wringing your hands because she's "too cool" for you isn't going to do you any favors.

Come at her like a real person. The sooner you stop worshipping women the sooner interacting and engaging with them will stop being such a daunting task.

No one is too good to drink coffee and hang out. She's just a girl, not the goddamn queen of england.
>>
>>17271852
And she's not Ramona fucking Flowers either. Speaking of which, what a bitch. Kime Pine 4 lyfe. Comic-book Kim Pine, not Alison Pill.

If you left that fucking theater crushing on Ramona, OP, then reevaluate yourself for your own damn good. You're not supposed to really like her.
>>
>>17271896
The picture was supposed to be ironic. I know I'm not supposed to really like her. And I don't "worship women", this is the only one time in my life this happens to me. I don't have trouble interacting with people.
>>
>Is it okay to just ask her out by text?
No. Next time when you hangout with her, ask her for a moment alone. If she refuses, then ask her out on a date in front of everyone. If you're too nervous, then drink a shot of tequila.

>That's normal and I should just ignore that thought right?
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Just stop over-thinking the situation and ask her out.
>>
>>17271942
Thanks. I don't get nervous asking people out, I just thought it would be rude to ask when there's other people right next to you, tagging along, even if it's clear I'm trying to be alone with her.
The absolute only reason I suggested doing it by text was because I have to wait one or two weeks, maybe more, every time to see her, and I'm tired of waiting.
>>
>>17271896
The chick who plays flowers is hot as fuck stop being a blatant homosexual.
>>
>>17271852
>I don't see her often irl
>ask her out irl
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.