[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
27 Going back to uni to study a master of cyber security since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1452393086625.jpg (191 KB, 700x1084) Image search: [Google]
1452393086625.jpg
191 KB, 700x1084
Going back to uni to study a master of cyber security since I'm unemployed right now. Had to move back home.
>Can't find part time work.
>Offshoring has destroyed my previous work area
>5'5''
>Fit
>Ugly
>27 Never had a GF.

Everyday I think about how nothing good has happened to me how I did everything a person is supposed to do to succeed and instead the world spat in my face. Bitter as fuck, made peace I'm either going to die alone or be used as a beta bucks if I get another job. Suicide is the only way right?

>Pic not related just art from a table top game I like.
>>
>>17271341
Also am I too late to change my area of IT?
>>
You don't seem that bad.
You already have a BA or something if you are going for a master's.

Shit could be worse
>5'5"
>fat
>ugly
>work a dead end job as a security guard
>just an AA
>only thing I was good at was being a soldier
>too fucked up to be a normal, not fucked up for autism bucks

First of all stop thinking about a gf, and sex. Yeah, the lack of is saddening but that feel is a waste of time and energy. You need to keep chugging along.
Fuck, I too want to kill myself, but I'm too much of a pushy to end it now. So I'm working on a slow suicide, it's called life. In 30 to 40 years, I'll be dead, in end it doesn't matter man.
>>
Dude, I just finished an MSc in Comp Security. DESU I'm having problems getting into the market right now, despite reading a lot about huge demand. The ads i've seen mostly want experience already in cyber security or want you to be security cleared. I've been out the country for the last year, so getting clearance is a problem for me. There doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of "junior" or Entry level stuff going on.
I spent 2.5 years working part time to get the MSc and about 15k sterling. I will be bloody pissed off if i can't cash in on all my work and dedication.
Even with a MSc i can still recognise that i have to add additional skills, Linux Kali, Ethical Hacking, Python etc. I have IT qualifications coming out of my ass, MCSE, CCNA Security, Comptia Sec, ITIL etc. But i'm still struggling, I'm finding it all very unmotivating now. One advantage i think i have is that this MSc can be applied to any work in IT. It makes you a better support person or developer because you have the mindset of security implications.
I think any course of self improvement is worthwhile, so If you can afford it, go for it.
>>
>>17271393
I'm in OZ mate I technically don't have to pay for my degree if I can't afford it.
>>
>>17271399
Do it then. Just be aware that an MSc doesn't make you a finished product. What it does give you is credibility if for example you wanted to become an expert witness in computer crimes in a court or it gives you credibility to the average joe in the street.
I'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to use my MSc. Computer security is still a big umbrella to work under, you could be forensics, network security, compliance, auditor, ethical hacker/pen tester. All fall under computer security, but all are as different as tennis and football.
>>
>>17271341
It sounds hard, but live doesnt owe you anything, no need to be bitter about it.
If you are in IT, changing fields should be pretty easy, dont even really need a Master for it.
And no, its definetly not to late to change fields, so no worries about that.
Just work on yourself and ignore other people, be the best Version of yourself. Yes maybe you will fail, maybe you wont accomplish anything, but you know what? At least you know you tried, and you dont need to ask yourself "what if..."
So dont give up m8, its never too late.
>>
>>17271466
>Ok but lets say I did meet a girl
>I know wouldn't be able to stopstop thinking about how rejected me when she was younger and now she's postwall I'm supposed to be honored paying 20 times the price that thug that beats women did.
>>
Forget women, play your own game. Women will still be there when you finish studying. Parties will still be there when you finish studying. You have an opportunity now to make your life better. Just focus on yourself and fuck everything else off.
>>
>>17271529
Meh, you can't say for sure that she would have rejected you. Not every girl was a slut when she was young. And honestly you probably never even considered some ugly \fat girls, as gfs , so you mistreated girls as they did to you, just cause you wanted girls, that werent in your league. I don't see your point. No girl owes being your gf to you.
I mean you could join a religious group and find a pure virgin gf if its that important to you?
Dont be bitter or live in the past,shit like this is only holding you back. And the best revenge you can give to people who treated you unfair, is to live a fullfilling life.
Tl;dr the world doesnt owe you anything, be Grateful with what you have and dont live in the past.
>>
>>17271610
>ugly
not true
>\fat girls, as gfs
international athlete mate
>>
>>17271610
>Not every girl was a slut when she was young.
You live in the west right?>>17271610
>the world doesnt owe you anything, be Grateful with what you have and dont live in the past.
Well the world has provided me with nothing to be happy about so that is kinda hard.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.