[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so I went to the ER like 2 weeks ago because it was Friday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Thatwasdumb.jpg (40 KB, 526x475) Image search: [Google]
Thatwasdumb.jpg
40 KB, 526x475
Ok, so I went to the ER like 2 weeks ago because it was Friday night, it hurt like hell, and I didn't want to go, but I didn't know what else to do.

Turns out, having them say "Nothing we can do, here's some Motrin!" costs nearly 500 fucking dollars. What the actual fuck? How the fuck am I supposed to pay for this shit? I cant even afford insurance. I already have to pull 2 fucking grand out of my ass for a root canal, plus I have student loans coming at the end of the year.
>>
>>17269930
This is a system built by people ignorant to the problems of other people.

We are all ignorant, in one way or another, to the problems dealt with by others.

I'm really sorry that I can't give you much help; money troubles very similar to yours are playing a significant role in my decision to off myself.

It's really just like this (at least as I see it): When the going gets tough, you either get tough or get going; the way out of this particular mess is to work your ass off to pay those bills to get your debt in order.

You can get tough and work hard, or you can get going and kind of give up. The latter sounds shitty, and it is, but you have to seriously ask yourself how often you can get tough because sometimes that's all life throws at you - situations like the one you're in.

Sometimes little shit that you can normally deal with becomes overwhelming when there is just too much of it.

Try dividing your issues into as many partitions as you're comfortable with and, one by one, work at solving them. Given that this is mostly money related, you're going to have to start paying off all of those debts simultaneously and paying them off over a long time may seem daunting, but all we really have in this world is time.

I guess that's my advice - give it some time.
If you really want to male it out of this, give it time and effort; reduce your spending, increase your income and work at it.

Take that for what it's worth, they're just the words of some guy whose going to kill himself.
>>
>>17270456

Honestly, I don't see these debts going away. You're not the only one who's suicidal, and I'm not dealing with the burden crippling debt. I would rather be gone forever. Guess it's time.
>>
>>17270578
Like I said, give it some time.

I gave myself a date.
I'm going to live until that date and, if it doesn't seem like I can turn things around, I'm going to end it.

So, if I'm not the only one who's suicidal, ask yourself this:
How long do you reasonably believe you can keep afloat in your current state (economically, emotionally, physically)? Can you extend that time by making certain restrictions?

If you can pinpoint a date or a month or a time-period that you believe you can keep things, or are willing to keep things, going until, then maybe do what I've done - live the best you can until that date and see if you can spot some light at the end of your tunnel.

Alternatively, you can just cash-out by selling all your shit, getting as much money together as possible and blowing it before killing yourself. It's ...different from the first idea, but I entertained it for some time.

I'm feeling down right now and I'm quite drunk, so maybe I'm not giving you the best advice I can, but this is the advice I'm giving.

I'll check back here tomorrow, when I'm hopefully in a better mood, so post something if you want, I'll respond.
>>
>>17270826

>Like I said, give it some time.
I have been giving myself time. At least 10 years worth of time at this point.

>I gave myself a date.
>I'm going to live until that date and, if it doesn't seem like I can turn things around, I'm going to end it.
Me too, with a scenario kill switch, which is exactly what this is. I said that if I ever found myself in this situation that it would be the end.

>So, if I'm not the only one who's suicidal, ask yourself this:
>How long do you reasonably believe you can keep afloat in your current state (economically, emotionally, physically)? Can you extend that time by making certain restrictions?
I can't even afford insurance. I'm in that wonderful gap where no one gives a shit. I make just enough that I can't get help, but not nearly enough to pay for it myself. If I have a mountain of debt on top of an already shitty situation, that's the end of the road.

>If you can pinpoint a date or a month or a time-period that you believe you can keep things, or are willing to keep things, going until, then maybe do what I've done - live the best you can until that date and see if you can spot some light at the end of your tunnel.
There is no living the best. There is no light. Some people reach the end of the tunnel and see light, and others only find a wall.

>Alternatively, you can just cash-out by selling all your shit, getting as much money together as possible and blowing it before killing yourself. It's ...different from the first idea, but I entertained it for some time.
Entertained it, but I don't have anything worth enough. I already had to sell shit a few years ago. What's left isn't worth anything. I already regret having to sell what I did.

Feel free to come back. My situations isn't getting better. I get to go to my parent's house tomorrow and pretend to be happy for awhile.
>>
>>17269930
m8 why are you on the 4chins instead of trying to make some dollaredoo's ?
>>
>>17270978
How much debt ?
>>
I guess my reply got eaten but, I said:

If I were you I wouldn't pay a thing because you didn't get actual help
>>
>>17271015

Well, nearly 500 for Motrin in the ER, 4000 for the school loans and another 2000 for the upcoming root canal.

>>17271013

Because if I have to spend every waking hour working, I'd rather just end it because that's not life.

>>17271022

It's not being paid regardless because I can't afford it.
>>
Oh, and to top things off, I'm pretty sure I've got a new bed bug infestation.
>>
1. get a job and pay your medical insurance you sack of shit
OR
2. don't go to the doctor.
>>
>>17271079

>i can't be bothered to read
>>
>>17269930
>I cant even afford insurance.
Can you afford the fines for not buying insurance?
>>
>>17271250

The fines are a tax penalty at the end of the year, which is still only a fraction of what insurance costs. Not having insurance just means I get less back on my tax refund.
>>
>>17271253
The fines increase every year though. They were small last year on purpose. They're going up exponentially every year onward.
>>
>>17271256

Still cheaper than insurance. The plan at my work is designed for sales people making commission and union workers in another state making twice what I make or more. The cheapest plan in could get from the government was over $100/mo, $5500 deductible, $99 copays, with scripts 100% out of pocket. The plan is virtually unusable. Not having insurance costs $700 of my taxes this year, which is significantly cheaper for the same amount of usability.
>>
Wait so you're paying $700 not to have insurance?

Your country is backwards.
>>
File: 1461691164361.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461691164361.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>17271265
The increasing fines will eventually overwhelm you anyway.

If it makes you feel any better, millions of others are going through the same thing. This is an intentional choice by the administration to force poor, working folks into desperate poverty so they can be used as political pawns. They're not framing this as a problem caused by the federal regulations, but one caused by the market, so you're expected to demand help from the federal government.

Sorry that it has to be this way. There's more to this issue but I won't bore you with the racial bias in government assistance and unemployment. The only advice I can really give you is to pray we purge all globalists soon. Crush the urbanites. 14/88.
>>
>>17271314
welcome to obamacare
>>
>>17271314
This is how they are "helping poor people" to afford insurance. They're just holding a gun to their heads and demanding they buy it. Yes, seriously.
>>
>>17269930
You realize you can renegotiate hospital bills right?
>>
>>17271314

Yup. I can pay a minimum of 700 at the end of the year, or buy virtually worthless insurance for $1200/year. America is a fantastic country, isn't it?

>>17271316

I know millions are going through it, too, yet nothing will be done about it. One of the reasons I'm going out the door.

>>17271361

So I can renegotiate the smallest part of my debt. Whoo
>>
I got into a bad accident and had multiple doctor visits, MRI's, and physical therapy sessions which I'm still doing and it's all free because I have that free obamacare health insurance thing. If you're in America how come you don't sign up for it OP?

I also live in low-income public housing with my mom so that may be a factor also.
>>
1. Renegotiate that hospital bill. Not only can you reduce the total amount, but you also should be able to negotiate a long-term payment plan where you only pay a small amount of money per month towards the debt.

2. Recognize that anything medically-related is going to cost you a LOT of money unless you're on Medicaid/Medicare, ESPECIALLY emergency room visits. The emergency room should be avoided at all costs. Try taking OTC painkillers BEFORE heading to the ER, and ALWAYS try to go to a doctor or urgent care clinic before resorting to the ER unless you're in a life-threatening situation.

3. If there is a dental school anywhere nearby, contact them and see if they run a teaching clinic for their students to get experience - that would cost MUCH less money than a private practice dentist. If there are no dental schools, get a second opinion/quote on that root canal, and if possible try to get additional opinions/quotes from multiple other dentists. Ask about financing options when you talk to each dentist. If there is a sliding-scale dental clinic in the area, that's another good option.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.