[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logic Behind "Wagecuck" Threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1456634625523.jpg (63 KB, 493x409) Image search: [Google]
1456634625523.jpg
63 KB, 493x409
Can someone tell me the logic behind the "wagecuck" threads on /r9k/?

Like, obviously, I know these people don't compose symphonies, read classic literature, travel or eat the finest food. But why do these basement dwellers feel the need to post this everyday, never responding to criticism and just reposting the same things multiple times a day? What will these people do if their parents die or the govt decides to cut off their welfare because political shift or disqualification?

Plus, is perfect NEEThood actually possible? I'm assuming welfare is rather crap, but could one get a good living wage from the govt or is it just above/below minimum wage? I'm assuming the only people who get good money are extremely mentally handicapped, in a wheelchair or are disable veterans.

What is it with these people? Are they just that miserable that they need to lie on the internet?
>>
It might be people who are in the system and feel the need to make people feel bad for working. It might be people who for whatever reason no longer have to work just for money, they may be financially secure enough passively to live their lifestyle and not have to work.

But for people who don't have enough passive income or who don't want to live off a welfare system's paycheck and what that can afford instead work. Also work is sometimes liked by people. For example my job at the moment is in programming which has been a hobby since I was a teenager. Sometimes I feel like working on actual work work and not just me dicking around with new projects.

Just ignore everyone talking their bullshit and do what makes you happy.
>>
>>17268076
they have nothing else in life. let them have their threads.

Speaking as a man who had to claw his way from neetdom i can readily say that it is a depressing way of life that leaves you a lethargic bitter self-deluded asshole. Of course my neet time was before the internet. now these assholes have an echo-chamber they can use to find other neets a validate their way of being even if they know deep down that they're actually just a huge burden.

Also no point arguing with them since they can just say "haha typical wage cuck blah blah" and dismiss anything you say because its easier to dismiss the person saying it than the actual content of the argument itself.
>>
>>17268076
I've never actually seen the threads you're talking about (or been on /r9k/ for that matter) but people do talk about it here sometimes too.

>But why do these basement dwellers feel the need to post this everyday, never responding to criticism and just reposting the same things multiple times a day?
A lot of it will be reasurance. Society, the media, their friends, their family and anyone else they have contact with will be telling them what they're doing is wrong, which makes them feel bad. However, if they band together in to one big unemployed circlejerk they can convince each other that they're the ones in the right and it's actually the people who are having careers and starting families that are squandering their lives.

>What will these people do if their parents die or the govt decides to cut off their welfare because political shift or disqualification?
They'll be absolutley fucked if that happens. They wouldn't know a hard day's work if it jumped up and bit them on the ass, also "unemployed since high school and done nothing for the last ten years apart from watching torrented anime" doesn't make for a good CV.

>I'm assuming welfare is rather crap, but could one get a good living wage from the govt or is it just above/below minimum wage?
I don't know what benefit rates are like in the US. Using figures from the UK though I can't imagine NEETing would give you anything else than abject poverty. I make enough from my job to live a comfortable life, and as a quick "back of an envelope" calculation I earn in one day what someone on unemployment benefit makes in a month. Granted proNEETs don't pay tax (I pay enough in a year to keep about 7 people on unemployment) and they don't have mortgages to maintain or families to support, but when you consider that the amount they have to feed, clothe pay bills, and support themselves is less than what I spend on lunch and take away coffee at work there's now way they're "comfortable" for money.
>>
>>17268209
>They'll be absolutley fucked if that happens.
That kinda makes me feel bad. OP here, I work full time as a security guard but I've been jumping around with PT jobs since I was 17. I only make around 20k, I don't know how fucked I would be if I had to suddenly move out.
>>
>>17268076
>Are they just that miserable that they need to lie on the internet?

Yes. It's that simple. They know they are losers, and the only way they can protect themselves from despair is to pretend not to care.

It's like all the virginal dweebs on /adv/ - not everyone of /adv/ but a very vocal minority - who know they are social/sexual losers and can only find some hint of ego-building by sniping at people having problems within the social/sexual arena.

By attacking a guy with love problems they can momentarily tell themselves they're better off without any love life at all. By sneering at people trying to make it in the world, the NEETs of /r9k/ try to convince themselves they themselves are not the losers.
>>
>>17268460
>sent from my wife's son's iPad
>>
File: 1406260226160.jpg (5 KB, 184x90) Image search: [Google]
1406260226160.jpg
5 KB, 184x90
It's a joke.
I don't understand /r9k/ people or the mindset but they're clearly goofing around to lighten the mood with that shit.

You can coast for a while on gubment monie if you cut corners but I'm assuming only the barely functioning /r9k/ people would get enough to actually support their internet and electricity habit.
>>
>>17268480
Man, I read his post and I was thinking "sounds like that pegasus guy who can't stop shitposting" and then you reply to it!

It's like a moment of perfect hilarity. A zen buddhist would understand that enlightenment was reached for a moment at the perfectness of his describing you and you acknowledging it without comprehending.
>>
File: 1465577012964.jpg (108 KB, 1024x872) Image search: [Google]
1465577012964.jpg
108 KB, 1024x872
>>17268527
Brah I haven't shitposted in forever

I'm glad you felt enlightened by me baby, that'll be 20 bucks plus tip
>>
Everyone is lazy. Some people take it to the extreme. There's no point in complaining about it. You can go out of your way and try to physically help them, but you're a lazy fuck too.
>>
>>17268535
I know, it's been so much nicer with you gone. I'd been hoping you took my advice and died in a fire, but here you are again.

You'd have to understand Zen thought to get the enlightenment thing. It's not you, it's how perfectly you walked into a situation of being mocked. I have it on good authority though that you 20 bucks is somewhere inside an inferno, do go check sometime would you. As for the tip we both know that's in your colon.
>>
File: dipshit.jpg (28 KB, 442x341) Image search: [Google]
dipshit.jpg
28 KB, 442x341
>>17268076
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
i honestly would like a 9 to 5 job that would let me live alone simply and have enough to spend on interests occasionally, don't give a fuck what it is

give me the wagecuck life
>>
I haven't seen these threads.

NEET people who are happy with their lives are fucking rare.
>>
>>17268076
Being a NEET must be shit. Wasting your prime years in a basement watching anime all day and playing video games must suck. I work part time at a restaurant serving and cleaning. I spend the money I earn on self development like driving lessons and hopefully il buy a car soon. Neets hate self development. They want everything to be handed to them. Depending the welfare that claim it would be a fairly shit life unless they had multiple disabilities that gives them more benefit. Regardless it's better to work then waste ten years in a basement doing nothing.
>>
>>17268076
>But why do these basement dwellers feel the need to post this everyday, never responding to criticism and just reposting the same things multiple times a day?
Because it's the only way for them to keep up any semblance of self-esteem. They need constant reassurance that they're the smart ones -that people who work are just suckers- and since no one else will tell them that, tey tell it to temselves.

>What will these people do if their parents die or the govt decides to cut off their welfare because political shift or disqualification?
Many of them seem to be content to hust kill themselves when the gravy train runs out. Most of the rest are holding out hope that thir parents will think lf something.
>>
Im unemployed but im still searching for a job. Am I a neet?
>>
>>17270320
I'd argue not. You technically are not in employment, education, or training, but it has been a long time since anyone used that phrase or its acronym to mean everybody under that umbrella. It's one of the reasons I don't like it as a term: it's too imprecise.
>>
>>17268076
A lot of people, especially in the US, have a very intense, almost fetishistic work ethic and get really bitter and defensive when you bring up not WORKING HARD. They're just too easy to troll, hence the NEET threads.
>>
>tfw degree in stem but neet now
>tfw mri confirms partially torn distal tendon
>tfw may have partially torn long head tendon as well
>don't want to do anything, just want my arm back
>it's been almost a year since I graduated, and much longer since I injured myself
> don't want to live like this

Just off me, I'm done
>>
>>17270425
A couple of torn muscles prevents you from typing shit on a computer? I thought that's the majority of what STEM grads did.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>17268076
>/r9k/
>logic
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.