[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 58592165.jpg (68 KB, 350x257) Image search: [Google]
58592165.jpg
68 KB, 350x257
i thought I did almost perfect in my exams and got shit grades in all of them

i dont know what I need to do to improve... I'm so lost... I'm scared I've been dunning-krugered my whole life

I just don't understand what I need to do other than mindlessly go through exercises I already understand to improve my grade

I am almost certain I got at least 90% correct and here I am... receiving 43% and some retard who didn't understand anything getting 60%

Why do I live...
>>
Debate your marks with teacher/professor. This will usually get you marked up, and if you can show them that you understand the stuff. I felt this way about an english exam and I did crap, didn't bother debating my marks however. I regret not doing it because some illiterate gobshite ended up with a better mark than myself.
>>
>>17267810
Talk to the teacher/professor. DO NOT argue about your grade. Accept that you did poorly. But explain that you honestly didn't think you were doing so poorly, so you clearly missed something basic about the course and were studying the wrong things. Ask for help for next time.

I'm an English teacher. It sometimes happens that a class will spend a whole semester treating the literature in a particular way (sussing out the author's intentions, for example) and one or two students will sit there not realizing that's what we're doing, but somehow thinking we were just getting the plot straight. So when I ask them to analyze a story on an exam, they give me a plot summary, honestly thinking that was what the question meant.

It is likely that something like that happened to you - that you missed the essence or point of the class, and so earnestly studied the wrong things, and misunderstood what was being asked for on the exams.
>>
>>17268508
oi ao mani trimesters u bin teechin anglais m8
>>
>>17267810

A few points to be made :

> knowing 100% of the lessons don't suppose you will do 100% at the exam (because the exam doesn't analyse the totality of your knowledge but gives you a few questions where you need to prove your knowledge)
> You don't perceive the structure of the exam, the way points are given, if there is any tricky questions, etc.
> a strong conviction that you didn't fail is hardly ever true, unless you worked your ass for it

The reason he did 60% is because he played the rules better than you, he doesn't know 100% but he knew how to make it seems like he knew 60%

If you really know your theory just like you claim you do, which I doubt, well then the problem lies in the understand of the exam.
>>
Next time get a private tutor. If you're already an expert (highly doubtful) on the class subject, but still get shit grades, then you're a horrible test taker. If that's the case, then you need to practice test taking until you become comfortable.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.