[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I need some tips and help from you guys/gals. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1455361634699.jpg (56 KB, 460x474) Image search: [Google]
1455361634699.jpg
56 KB, 460x474
Hey /adv/, I need some tips and help from you guys/gals. I'm 20 and pretty much getting myself kicked out of my parents house. I've never lived completely by myself, what should I do? I'm currently working a job that averages $800-$900 a month and will probably be living in a studio/1 bedroom apartment by myself on that wage. Anything I should know about living on my own for the first time that isn't common knowledge? I'm also considering to start busking for extra money in my free time once the weather isn't above 105°f.
Is government assistance worth looking into?
Is me being a grand in collections going to affect me getting an apartment?
Pic unrelated
>>
Check the apartment THOROUGHLY during the first walk through and mark down ANYTHING that looks damaged or out of place, or you will pay for it.
If you have something worth assisting. I am crippled, and I never went for assistance, but I also apposed to the sort of thing. Depends on what is the matter with you really, just don't let that be your lifestyle.
What do you mean a grand in collections?
>>
>>17267650
Stuff that isn't common knowledge? That's a little tough. Instead I will go for things that are vital - make sure you can afford your utilities (or that they come as a part of the apartment.) To begin with, make sure you have a plce to store food (fridge) and a place to cook food (most places come with an oven, or a microwave, but if it comes with neither consider a press grill, they cook meat well and are easy enough to clean. A hotplate can work well too.)

Budget your food, cleaning products, and relaxation money and save the rest for several months at least, having an emergency fund could save your ass bigtime.

I think that covers the basics, maybe someone who lives closer can cover the rest.
>>
>>17267667
I've had to have an emergency surgery in the past and haven't been able to pay it off so I'm in collections for one of the bills that my insurance wouldn't cover.
I have no disabilities either, I was just wondering If signing up for food stamps is worth it. I figure if it is, it'd be me having tax free pay checks by receiving back my required government check deductions in food.
>>
>>17267650
You can apply for section 8. I'm living in subsidized housing right now and my place is better than a majority of my friends who "have too much pride" to get section 8.
There's a lot of blacks and Mexicans but they're alright if you don't act like a bitch/are decently friendly
>>
>>17267673
Thanks, I'll definitely thoroughly check stuff when finding a new place and live very frigidly. If it means anything in helping me, im in Las Vegas.
>>
>>17267678
If that is your sort of thing then you can try it, sure. And if you are in dept you should make a better effort at saving your money. 1k probably won't be that hard to save up for depending on how well you can save
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.