[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a severe phobia of EVER getting pregnant and I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1463646642870.jpg (50 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463646642870.jpg
50 KB, 480x360
I have a severe phobia of EVER getting pregnant and I was wondering if people could help me figure out if I should be worried or not. It might sound overly paranoid and even downright silly but I keep nearly having panic attacks because of it and need an opinion from outside my head.

Back in March or April I fucked some idiot and when he pulled out the condom stayed in and shit got everywhere. At the time (and still now) I was taking birth control pills for hormonal imbalance, but I hadn't been taking them at the same time each day, which basically makes them useless as contraceptives from what I've read. I can't remember exactly but I might've missed a pill or two (not consecutively) not long before that.

I'm wondering how likely it might be that I got pregnant.

Like a few weeks ago I was experiencing severe nausea and since then I've been getting lightheaded really easily and at times very fatigued, which might point towards anemia (I was also very pale but that might just be natural). Apparently pregnancy can induce anemia.

I've also been shedding a lot of hair which also seems to be a symptom of pregnancy, but a website said that shedding around a golf ball's size of hair when rolled up is normal, and that's about as much as I shed, but basically any time I run my fingers through my hair some strands will come out.

On the other hand, I'm still getting my periods every month, but I've heard that women can still get their periods while pregnant if on birth control.
I also took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative but I'm worried if it might be a false negative or something.

Any further examination is unavailable, by the way. I can't get to a doctor's office test until late August due to travel. I'm like panicking that by the time I'd be able to get an abortion in a worst case scenario, it'll be too late to get done.

The anxiety is fucking killing me and it's making it literally difficult to breathe.
>>
I'm 99% sure you're not pregnant. Relax

>basically any time I run my fingers through my hair some strands will come out.
Literally everyone does this.

>On the other hand, I'm still getting my periods every month, but I've heard that women can still get their periods while pregnant if on birth control.
>I also took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative but I'm worried if it might be a false negative or something.
You're being paranoid.

If you're that scared, try an alternative conception method like nuvaring (what my girlfriend and I use) or an IUD. Condoms and/or pills work great too but try to take the pill within the same couple of hours each day. You might want to see about treating your anxiety because it sounds like that's the real issue. It might be a disorder.
>>
>The anxiety is fucking killing me and it's making it literally difficult to breathe.

I think this might also account for your nausea, fatigue, hair loss, etc. You're still having periods and your pregnancy tests came back negative. And you were on birth control, even if you weren't QUITE taking it like clockwork. And even though his condom came off at the end, that isn't quite the same as him actually shooting inside you. The sperm has to physically reach the womb. It's been two months. You're not pregnant.

Wait a week and take one more pregnancy test, get tested for STD's, and then stop worrying
>>
you'd know if you were 2 months pregnant, but if you're so worried about it why haven't you gotten tested?
>>
>>17266912
I mean, I never took the pill for birth control. As mentioned, I take it to treat a hormonal imbalance. So rather than take it within the same couple of hours or day it can wind up as a ballpark varying up to 5 hours or so (it's not usual but yeah). I know that's not good either way, I'm working on straightening it out.

Everything you've mentioned are great ideas but I've pretty much sworn off sex for now since then. You might be right about it being a disorder but this extent of anxiety is very specific to anything to do with pregnancy et al., I don't really get this consumed by fear by much else as far as I know at the moment.

>>17266932
I explained this in my post - I took a home pregnancy test that came back negative but I won't be able to get a legit test done until late August due to travel. How would I know? Would it be obvious? I feel like two months is still early enough for it to not be clear but I don't really know anything about the experience as I avoid it at all costs.
>>
Get checked for an autoimmune disorder if you think you're exhausted, nauseated, and losing a lot of hair.
>>
Get your fucking tubes tied, then you fucking waste of air.
Keep contributing to declining birthrates and the downfall of western culture.

Useless fucking whore.
All you want to do is fuck around without considering the consequences to your actions.
Waste of space
>>
Are there no doctors at all where you are traveling? Like, what is the specific reason you can't see a doctor now besides "travel"?

If you are super desperate maybe you can just check in to a clinic or hospital where you are and pay out of pocket for a test even if they don't accept your insurance, if that's the issue.
>>
>>17267078
I feel bad for your kids for having such a jerk for a father. Better not to have any kids at all than contaminate the gene pool with asshole genes like yours. I hope you have a daughter that turns out to be a lesbian or something.
>>
>You might be right about it being a disorder but this extent of anxiety is very specific to anything to do with pregnancy et al., I don't really get this consumed by fear by much else as far as I know at the moment.

I think you misunderstand what an anxiety disorder is. It can be something specific. It can be anything. It simply means you're irrational anxious to the point that it's affecting you negatively. Which is what is happening.
>>
What's the big deal just get a fucking abortion if needed
>>
>>17267167
>>17267430
I can't really pay for it, I'm a broke college student paying for most of my own education and housing and hardly have enough left over to eat, nevermind drop a couple to a few hundred on an abortion. I probably can't afford to pay out of pocket for a test, but at least I can get one done for "free" at my school's health center, and since I work at school I'd be able to afford an abortion if absolutely necessary but by the time I could get one it'd probably be too late. It's not exactly a "what's the big deal" thing.

I'm laughing so hard at the guy who's like "all you want to do is fuck around" when I said I swore off sex since then and because this just happened to be one out of two times I fucked my ex.

I guess it's pretty damn unlikely that I am but I can't help but sometimes worry that I'll be one of those very low percentages of the population with some sort of freak accident pregnancy.
I hope my hormonal imbalance has made me infertile honestly.
>>
>>17268165
We can do anal if you want familam
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.