[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waking up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: cam.jpg (49 KB, 544x409) Image search: [Google]
cam.jpg
49 KB, 544x409
Anyone have any tips on having the discipline to get up early in the morning?
>>
I've been having to do this recently. Me and my roommate have been getting up at 6:30 AM to go to the gym to lift every morning.

Its fucking rough for the first few weeks, but once you get into the groove its fine.
>>
>>17266279
go to bed earlier, set 10+ alarms about 2 minutes apart from one another, if your window faces east leave the curtain open overnight so you get sun in the morning, don't eat cheese before bed because a good dream makes it so much harder to get up
>>
>>17266279

stop sleeping in on weekends. ive read it takes about 8 days in order to create your sleep cycle. the problem is after five days we ruin it by staying up late, sleeping in, and then just start over again on monday.

you gotta remember evolution had no ewekend. cave people did not take saturday and sunday to sleep in. if you want consistency, you ahve to be consistent.

also consider drinking water as soon as you wake up. immediately. then eat immediately. the reason breakfast iis called breakfast is because you are 'breaking' a 'fast' (which just to clarify is when you dont eat for a prolonged period of time.

night is the longest amount of time you go without eating. your whole body shuts down when you sleep. putting something in your stomach forces your body to wake up. thats also why its hard to sleep when you've eaten something complex like protiens. its harder to digest and takes more time, keeping you up.

consider buying sour candy, or even a little thing of lemon juice by your bed, and as soon as you wake up, put it in your mouth. it is a 'shock' but not as unpleasant as say, your father pouring water on you.
>>
>>17266284
I have to wake up early most days, but my day starts with me opening my eyes 5 min. before I run out the door. I'd like to get up an hour earlier to eat something and have a morning but once my alarm goes off 'just 5 more minutes' trumps everything.
>>
Put the alarm clock far enough away you have to walk across the room to turn it off.
>>
bump, I think I'll stay awake real late to keep an eye on my thread
>>
File: 1464976673415.gif (1024 KB, 218x228) Image search: [Google]
1464976673415.gif
1024 KB, 218x228
>>17266279
Get to bed at least 7 hrs before you need to get up?

/thread
>>
>>17266653
>go to bed 7 hours before
>lie awake 4 hours
yeah that will work like gangbusters
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbiEESkyaeM

Why bother with discipline when you can harness the awesome power of pure burning HATE coursing through your veins?

(Yes, I use this. Yes, it works).
>>
here is what you do, just do it. Like physically get up as soon as you hear the alarm sounds. Eventually your body will adjust, it's bad when you turn the alarm off on your bed cause then you are more than likely to want to stay in. Just get up and throw some water on your face as soon as you wake up
>>
>>17266279
I wake up at 5:45 for work now. I set a backup alarm. I began by going to bed at 10ish. You just gotta shift your schedule. Get off all electronics 30 min before bed and maybe even read something boring if that makes you sleepy.
>>
>>17266279
Farmers use to drink water before going to bed. You may get up once to piss and drink again but eventually you will get up early enough. When that happens, try and stay awake. You will be groggy for a couple of times but eventually you will set your body's alarm clock to wake up at whatever time at twilight or dawn.
>>
Best advice I can give: Set an alarm with a sound loud enough to scare you awake. The adrenaline will force you awake and ensure that you can do not go back to sleep. The downside is that when you wake up, you'll probably be very annoyed and your heart will pump five times faster/harder for about ten seconds...
>>
>>17266279
Become addicted to something and place it on the opposite side of the room.

Drink a ton before bed so that you have to get up to piss.

Sleep with your window open so that the sounds of the morning will wake you up.

Sleep with your head in such a position that the sunlight will hit you first thing in the morning.

Set 6 alarms spaced out at short intervals from each other, and place them out of reach. Vary your alarm sounds weekly or daily.

Fall asleep thinking that you must get up.
>>
>>17266840
Also, sleep naked or in your underwear, and again, leave the window open so that it'll be fucking freezing in the morning. When you get up to piss, you'll destroy the only pocket of warmth you have.
>>
>>17266279
force yourself to get up in the morning. it's going to be hard, but usually i'll force myself to sit up in bed and slowly wake up that way, then it's easier to start doing other things.

you'll have to force yourself the first few weeks, but after that you start getting into the groove and it's not hard at all.

the more things you do as soon as you wake up too, the easier it's going to be for you to wake up mentally as well as physically.
>>
File: 1451924360700.jpg (136 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1451924360700.jpg
136 KB, 1024x576
>>17266284
>>pic related, mfw 6:30 am is early.

Former vendor/distributor here OP. Average day starts around 4am for us, so up and in the shower at 3.

Set two alarms 5 minutes apart, put the later one on the other side of the room. That way, when you snooze one, you still have to get out of bed to silence the other. Once you're up, don't go back into bed (willpower).

Splash some cold water on your face to get started with your day. If you drink coffee then set up a timer to start your coffee 10 minutes before your alarm so it's ready when you wake up.

Try to keep to relatively the same schedule on your days off.
>>
>>17266279
LOL I'm so glad I can sleep whenever I want and wake up whenever I want with no problems. Just get up out of bed with your first alarm.

I guess what I'm trying to say is stop dragging your fucking feet in the morning and stop being a little bitch
>>
>>17266279
Go to bed earlier
Need to be up at 7? Go to sleep 9 pm, wake up around 4-5 and do wathever you want until you have to leave. Some of the most successful people in history woke up 4 am sharp everydah
>>
>>17266846
>Also, sleep naked or in your underwear, and again, leave the window open so that it'll be fucking freezing in the morning. When you get up to piss, you'll destroy the only pocket of warmth you have.

Stupid idea.

>Summer.
>if winter, just doesn't get up to piss and holds it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.