[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to do a 180 with my life. I'm 23 and I've literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 303641002.png (78 KB, 399x240) Image search: [Google]
303641002.png
78 KB, 399x240
I want to do a 180 with my life. I'm 23 and I've literally only ever had videogames (and my ex) as an interest. But for the last few years I've gotten increasingly disinterested.

What I want to do:
-Lose weight (I'm a 5'4'' fat manlet), been my dream for a decade, but always lacked motivation
-Get a "new" (old, repairable, preferrably free) bike, and go wherever with it after work every day (can't get- and don't care for a drivers license)
-Reduce time at "home" (I live with 0 affection parents) to something like less than an hour a day, sleeping excluded
-Learn to meditate or such
-Maybe meet someone to call a friend again

What I'll do instead:
-Get home, sit at my computer and lurk all day
-Sometimes play a videogame
-Get annoyed and feel like shit over old internet friends who I don't like anymore (including my ex who I wanted to try to get back together with but she proved to me that she isn't interested in becoming a decent person)
>>
>>17263441
Well man what do you want someone to say?

You've just said you'll ignore what people say to you. I get that. But you probably also "know" the answer and you just have to work on it.

You'll need a job to get away from parents. You'll need to forget about this "ex". You'll need to exercise. You'll need to at least reach out to old friends. If it feels weird, cut it, but if they extend a branch go for it.

This is fucking 4chan. Nobody is gonna tell you what you don't know. Just try and make a move man. You need to motivate yourself. For me, it took a lot tries losing weight, eventually I committed. I hope you do too.
>>
>>17263474
Yeah that's right. I know exactly what I want but I'm too retarded and lazy to do anything about it. I dunno.
I'm depressed and suicidal, so I'm just venting.
>>
>>17263478
I get it. I'm a fucking alcoholic idiot refusing to graduate college. We all have our issues. You're ahead of the curve by knowing them and how to solve them.

I'm also super depressed and have thought of suicide. Seems nice but also weird to me. Also painful to anyone and everyone around me. Don't wanna be the guy who at 23 dies because he gave up so early while others went on.

I honestly hope you the best anon. I think about suicide often but I have to objectively disencourage just because of its nature.

I hope something good happens to you, anon. Go for a bike ride at night, you may enjoy it.
>>
>>17263482
Thanks man, and I'll at least take a long walk home today, contemplate and overthink more while I'm at it.
I wish good luck upon you as well.
>>
>>17263488
Oh man do I LOVE overthinking. It's just gonna pile on to whatever other anxiety exists, trust me. Overcoming anxiety is awful and seemingly impossible, but you can chip away at it, trust me.

Walks are good. But honestly if you're just gonna walk, you should also cut back diet-wise. It's a good physical start but you need to build. Again I recommend bikes, they're fun. You'll find a path with a good amount of up and down-sloped rodes and you'll just love the trill of speed. It's what helps me.

Good luck anon.
>>
File: stay-motivated.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
stay-motivated.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Start out with some short walks every day. Or pushups when you get out of bed. Then take them longer or more often every day.

On the meditating part: it's piss easy. I use the app Calm. Just take a pillow, sit on your knees, or use lotus posture, breathe in and out, like 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, where the exhale is the latter. Do this until 10. Then rinse and repeast.

The point of meditating is to reflect on the things that happened to you or the situation you're currently in and to just.. accept it. Acceptance is, I think, the biggest trait in meditation. To cope with things. It's no big deal if you dwindle off during your meditation and lose track of the counting. Take a piece of paper and write down what you felt or thought or what were recurring events.

Also, what me helped, more than meditating, is journal writing. Since 2015 I've been keeping journals on both my travels, life at home, things that have happened, thoughts I write down. I've been doing it since 1,5 years now and I've already written full 3 journals.

Good luck!

Remember, the key to progress is baby steps. Take things slow, but progress.Also, begin with one thing.
>>
>>17263496
Not op but love the positivity anon. You rule.
>>
>>17263490
Yeah I'd be biking more but I don't own one yet; I can only borrow my siblings' occasionally until I find my own (or steal a rusty old one lying around?).

>>17263496
>Acceptance
Huh. I see.
I'll try that app out too, thanks for the suggestions.
I hate writing things though, it and slow reading with my poor short term memory is why I dropped out of two different educations.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.