[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 20, have a minimum wage job, go to college. I feel like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 2284x1514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 2284x1514
I'm 20, have a minimum wage job, go to college. I feel like a loser though and I don't know why. I'm the best at my job and have a 3.7 gpa. Why do I feel like a loser, help me /adv/.
>>
>>17262897
You're probably comparing yourself to other people too much
>>
>>17262899
Yea, I tend to do that. I feel that if I'm not the same as them and feel like life is passing me by. Is this a rational thought?
>>
>>17262908
A lot of us feel the same way, believe me.

I always compare myself to others and if I feel inadequate, I get pretty down.

It's probably because when we were younger, we were told that we could be anything we wanted to and that we were special. But we really aren't. There are a couple billion people in the world, comparatively there will always be someone better than you.

There will always be someone who is smarter, better educated, better looking, richer and happier than you. Always.

Come to terms with that fact. And at the very least, there is YOU. You are the only YOU and your life revolves around you. Just do what you want, and ignore everyone else because really, your life is about you and not the other couple billion people who feel the same way.

I'm going to drop social media though to develop deeper and more personal relationships. I feel as though social media is a big "look how great I am" game that annoys the fuck out of me. Or maybe I'm just jaded.
>>
>>17263303
Social media definitely is that way. This one girl I know spams pictures every other week of all these e celebrities she meets at premiers. Their relationship is clearly superficial haha but I find it sad. It's like saying "heyy uhh I'm totes friends with these people as demonstrated by this picture of us standing next to each other is my self worth increasing?
>>
Same, except I'm going on 26, imagine how I feel op.
>>
You might not care about gpa or being the best as much as you think you do so get into what's you care about
>>
>>17262897
The future is far away, and life can get monotonous in the mean time. I have no job. I'm going on 27. I only have a 3.4. So, you're a little less of a loser than me.
>>
>>17263303
I dropped social media two years ago and haven't gone back since. I wound up getting smarter than everyone I know.
>>
File: tfw.gif (2 MB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
2 MB, 275x275
You're probably

1. drowning in advertisements sending your negative messages. American media is especially bad about this - ads are designed to make you feel like shit about your (sex life/appearance/food choices/literally any fucking thing to get your attention) so your first impulse is to buy the thing and fix a non-existent problem. Media literacy is important!

2. getting on all kinds of social media and seeing the prettied-up highlight reels of other lives, while comparing it to the full footage of yours.

Most people have passing feelings such as yours but if it's persistent, I suggest cutting down on one/both of these things. I stopped using Facebook almost a year ago and it's been nothing but an improvement.
>>
>>17262897
You're 20 and your life is a work in progress! Resist comparing yourself to anyone else or trying to live up to artificial expectations--you have to live, and grow, and make decisions towards your own happiness! Practice praising your own accomplishments, whatever they are, and remind yourself that you're working to build your life. GL!
>>
Hey atleast you work so youre not useless.

After college you may earn much more money and you get a better job.

keep it up op
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.