[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you tell if you're a bad person? I feel like if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_7940 (Medium).jpg (164 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7940 (Medium).jpg
164 KB, 1152x768
How can you tell if you're a bad person?

I feel like if I asked any of my friends they'd say I'm not... but no one knows you as welll as yourself, y'now? Or maybe my superego's just at me.
>>
If you're asking this, you probably have suspicions towards the fact. The question then being what makes you unsure whether you're good or bad?
>>
>>17261811
Mean or bad? Your friends even knowing depends on how you act around them. Mean doesn't necessarily mean bad and bad doesn't necessarily mean you're mean.
>>
It's hard to say whether someone is a good person or is a bad person. You have to know everything about someone and then vaguely decide whether their actions in average are generally good or bad. It's a flawed process since some people only focus on positive things and other people give more weight to negative things. You might be terrible and consider yourself a saint or you might be a saint and consider yourself terrible, for all I know.

How about this: if you met yourself, do you think you would befriend yourself? A friend is someone who generally has a positive impact on your life. If you met a carbon copy of yourself, would you have a positive impact on your life?
>>
>>17261811
It wouldn't hurt to ask your friends, OP. They might sugarcoat it, but it helps to ask.
>>
There is no objective good or bad, only ideals formed by society. You are good if your actions and thoughts are positive according to the mainstream culture. You should be able to figure out for yourself if you're "a good person" according to your peers. Do you do anything that people around you frown upon? Do you have any thoughts, opinions or believes that your acquaintances would find unacceptable?

You can also be a good person from a perspective and a bad person from a different perspective. For instance people in French would perceive you as a good person for liking gays, but people in Sudan would see you as a bad person.

What I'm getting at is that it's all subjective and you should only be worried of being perceived as a good person, not actually being one.
>>
>>17261811
Write us shortened summary of why you think this might be the case.
Keep in mind no one is a 'bad' person unless they cause or perpetrate violence (physical/emotional) upon others.
https://analyticalpsychology.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/types-of-psychological-complexes/
see if you can find yourself in these
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.